Official 2014/15 NFL CHAT THREAD

Old 09-24-2014, 10:59 AM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Kurt Cousins > RG3
Old 09-24-2014, 11:03 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by orangebarius
Kurt Cousins > RG3
I bet they wish they could have all those picks back!!
Old 09-24-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by S2kgreg
Originally Posted by orangebarius' timestamp='1411585188' post='23343681
Kurt Cousins > RG3
I bet they wish they could have all those picks back!!
And all that money that has been sitting in his pocket while his leg has been in a cast. I was rooting for RG3 but it looks like his legs are just to brittle for the NFL. Hopefully he has enough time from now till next season to really get them back in shape. If he goes out again with a leg injury I say they need to part ways with him.

Geno has made some real bad throws but as a whole he has shown improvement. He just needs to really focus on the turn overs. It would also help if he had a better WR corp. We need more sure handed guys.
Old 09-24-2014, 12:11 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

yea i'd like those picks back too. they need to figure out their QB situation going forward. they're just wasting time sitting on 2 starting qb's, especially when one is always injured. he's like derrick rose.
Old 10-06-2014, 11:18 AM

Received 799 Likes on 442 Posts

Not much chatter in here lately...

Personally, I'm surprised at how the Giants offense went from pretty horrible to good seemingly in one week. There is hope, but we have a stretch of 6 games that could be make or break for us (3 in the division, Philly and 2x Dallas) plus the Colts and 49ers and AT the Seahawks. We then with a seemingly easy 4 games plus Philly to end the season.

Now, for the Jets - it seems like a freefall. The offense isn't doing much and the defense isn't stopping much. You also don't have the easiest stretch coming up, with 4 divisional games plus the Broncos, Steelers and Chiefs on the plate.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:35 AM

It's safe to say nobody has had anything good to say lol

Giants are on an upswing but that could be more of their scheduled. Let's see how they hold up in that tough stretch you mentioned. They definitely are improving and Eli isn't running for his life THAT much.

As for my bum ass Jets .. well we have faced some top teams and have rallied but Geno is still inexperienced and continues to try to force things and creates turn overs. They did a comparison to Eli's 2nd year and they were pretty much the same. We have come to expect QBs to come out of the draft ruling the game but that has not really be the case even for some of the greats. Geno will never be an elite QB but he is steady improving and if he can just take a damn sack instead of a turn over he will make a huge difference.

The Chargers are the real deal though. They have such a complete team right now. Good defense, solid run and of course the passing game is good. Jets did get to Rivers for sacks a few times but that dude is dangerous even on the blitz. Rex needs to stop blitzing on the crucial downs that leaves guys open. Keep a 4 man rush tops and stop the completions. Our offense is just horrible right now and needs help from the O line. Colon must go and we need some bigger younger fatties opening holes for the run and protecting the QB. This season is a wash and I'm already watching college games to see who we can draft. All I care for at this point is a sweep of the Pats or the Fins and I will be happy.
Old 10-08-2014, 05:52 AM

I saw that stat as well during the game.

Obviously my view is skewed as a Giants fan- but here it is anyway...

I think in Eli's 2nd year, you had the sense the Giants were doing something as an organization to build a team and put the tools in place. It seems like they had a plan.

I look at the Jets and they just appear to organizationally confused. I wouldn't put them in the Raiders category, but it almost seems like there's no long term direction and they are fighting year over year to tread water and find that 'final piece of the puzzle'.
Old 10-08-2014, 06:42 AM

I don't exactly agree with that because organizationally we have improved a hell of a lot. We do still have a long way to go though. The Giants did surround Eli with better weapons and they have yet to do that for Geno. The year that Eli won that first super bowl they were plagued by injuries but came back late in the season to dominate because they still had Eli tossing the ball to guys that would consistently get opened and their D was great up front. That same D-line gave Brady a wake up call on the opening play of the big game and that set the tone. Ah ... memories of Brady getting sacked .. lol

Jets tried with bringing in CJ (who hasn't been what was expected), Decker (the only one proving but injured), Amaro (first year TE that has struggled) and that's about it. Salas, Nelson and Kerley are all average to below average WRs. Ivory is doing great running the ball but we can't always run. The offensive line is still a problem and Rex has been getting out coached and becoming VERY predictable. While I still consider him a defensive genius he lets his emotions get the best of him and tries too hard with force at the wrong time. Teams like the Chargers and Packers have caught on to his rush and just quickly dump the ball to an always open man because they see the blitz. In the Packers game we stopped the 3rd down conversions when they faked the blitz, rushed 4 and dropped men to cover. I don't see how they haven't figured out that's what has worked. It is going to be interesting to see what they do against Manning. They have stopped him before but they did when he didn't have such a good team. .... oh the pains of being a Jet fan ...
Old 10-08-2014, 09:55 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Big game this week.....Birds vs Giants! Would love to see the Eagles hit their bye at 5-1 and hopefully get some important players back the next couple of weeks.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:31 AM

Blasphemy!

Quick Reply: Official 2014/15 NFL CHAT THREAD