NYC Metro Off Topic All Off Topic Threads Go Here

Verizon Phones + Instant Messaging

Old 07-02-2009, 11:10 AM

Received 103 Likes on 67 Posts

Originally Posted by Pastor,Jul 2 2009, 12:13 PM
or it's MMS, or video, or camera, or expandable memory.

I could go on.
mms is coming by end of august. and u can get video and a gr8 camera by jailbreaking ur phone or get the 3gs
Old 07-02-2009, 11:11 AM

Originally Posted by Pastor,Jul 2 2009, 02:01 PM
I've had an iphone since the day the first one came out. What irritates me is the fact it took them two years to make it be able to do the simplest things that 50$ phones can do.
thats not just because of apple. Its AT&T's fault.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:12 AM

and expandable memory? Show me any phone that can support over a 32 gb memory card.
Old 07-02-2009, 11:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You're talking like everyone has the 3gS, i don't know about you, but i can't go out and buy a new iphone every 3 months. Some of us still have only 4 GB of memory, and i can show you plenty of phones that can support that. Even 32 GB isn't enough for some people..

I'm well aware it's at&t's fault, but they have MMS in Europe, why not here? This should have been done as soon as the phone came out. My first cell phone 5 years ago could send pictures.

The camera is 3 MP when you're outside, but once you go somewhere where there is less light then the sun, the camera sucks. Here's another thing plenty of phones have, a flash.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:08 PM

Originally Posted by Pastor,Jul 2 2009, 03:19 PM
You're talking like everyone has the 3gS, i don't know about you, but i can't go out and buy a new iphone every 3 months. Some of us still have only 4 GB of memory, and i can show you plenty of phones that can support that. Even 32 GB isn't enough for some people..

I'm well aware it's at&t's fault, but they have MMS in Europe, why not here? This should have been done as soon as the phone came out. My first cell phone 5 years ago could send pictures.

The camera is 3 MP when you're outside, but once you go somewhere where there is less light then the sun, the camera sucks. Here's another thing plenty of phones have, a flash.
sux u cant afford a new phone. And if you had the first iphone your eligible for an upgrade. so rather than spending money on your car why not go spend $200 on a brand new iphone 3gs.

and 32 gb might not be enough for some people but than tough luck because 99% of phones cant go past 32gb. Only phone i know of and ive tried almost every phone is the nokia n97. 32gb on board and 16 gb upgradeable through a micro sd.

and idk about you but my iphone 3g and my new 3gs camera was fine indoors. and most regular cameras on most phones have horrible flashes where they are useless. And i dont see any other phone having autofocus on their phones.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:09 PM

and flash memory isnt cheap. when the price of flash memory goes down even more apple will put the 64gb chip in there
Old 07-02-2009, 12:09 PM

if you want the best you gotta pay to play.
Old 07-02-2009, 12:57 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My original argument was about how a 600$ phone can't send pictures, and until late August, my argument stands and is still true. Of course you have to pay to play, but for the price of what the phone is, it should be able to out do every other phone out there. With the exception of memory, any given phone-especially now that verizon came out with apps- can do what the iphone does just as well, if not better.
Old 07-02-2009, 02:09 PM

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I agree with Tim.

Personally for me all versions of the iPhone blow. Besides having cool Gaming apps and being able to store music and movies, The phone is just a yuppie puke tool. Yes, I have the original iphone, 3G, and the 3GS. Out of all of them, the original is my favorite of the bunch and it still blows in comparison to other phones. Then AT&T tries to rob you an extra $50 for tethering? GTFO !

I have both the iPhone and BlackBerry and I prefer the BlackBerry any day.
Old 07-03-2009, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by bungholio,Jul 2 2009, 06:09 PM
I agree with Tim.

Personally for me all versions of the iPhone blow. Besides having cool Gaming apps and being able to store music and movies, The phone is just a yuppie puke tool. Yes, I have the original iphone, 3G, and the 3GS. Out of all of them, the original is my favorite of the bunch and it still blows in comparison to other phones. Then AT&T tries to rob you an extra $50 for tethering? GTFO !

I have both the iPhone and BlackBerry and I prefer the BlackBerry any day.
ehh to each their own. ive had every new smartphone out except the n97 and palm pre and im must saw the 3gs has the smoothest and most stable OS out there. Blackerrys are great too and i loveddddddd my bold. However, the storm is a POS. i dont considered it a real blackberry all it is is a bold with a touch screen. BOLD and NEW curve FTW. and btw att charges for tethering for any smart phone. however, there are ways around it

Quick Reply: Verizon Phones + Instant Messaging