Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

anyone recently gotten a forwarded email...

Old 02-21-2004, 01:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default anyone recently gotten a forwarded email...

...asking you to forward that same email to others so that you can earn $241 from microsoft for each forwarded email, etc?? i remember the same email a couple years back. now, i'm sure microsoft is indeed not involved in this or will they be paying anyone, but i was just curious in knowing the motive behind this scheme? is it merely for an individual to take pride in having created an extensive chain mail?? or is it a means for the creator of the email to track and collect email addresses?? or is this a virus or worm of some sort?? anyone got any ideas??
Old 02-21-2004, 03:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lol. well it is not a virus or worm...it is either the first and the second one....i mean if they wanted to infect ur computer...they would have have a title and get u to open it...and that is it...no need for text.
and yeah. i recieved the same mail over and over...lol...i just dont send it...that there is no way that they r gonna pay u for forwarding a chain letter. or b able to know where u live to send u the check...hahaha.
there r other mails that r quite annoying aswell...u no those ones that r like...if u send this...then something will come up on ur screen and stuff....blah!...lol
Old 02-21-2004, 05:03 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My new mantra is "google it"

http://www.dcmsoft.com/rumor/story/billgates.htm