Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

argh....roommate problems....help>?

Old 01-08-2003, 07:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default argh....roommate problems....help>?

I have had a roommate for about 6 months now. For the most part, she has been great. She has ALWAYS paid her rent on time but the main problems I have with her are the following:

1. She is a slob. She tries not to let her "slobiness" get out of her room and her bathroom but lately she hasn't been as careful and I honestly don't have much patience for that.

I am a clean freak, I admit it. I don't like dirty dishes left sitting out for 2-3 days and I honestly don't think it is my "job" to have to remind her to put her stuff away, right?

2. I can only deal with one roommate. Lately her boyfriend has been spending "too" much time at my house. I don't mind it if he was considerate but I think he does not grasp the concept of consideration. We have a "shoes-off" rule in the house and this "rule" is constantly broken. Plus, if he is spending 6/7 nights a week here, maybe he should be paying at least 1/2 the rent, right?

Today I came back from work and she had spilled juice on the kitchen floor and did not care to clean it up. I had told her to mop the floor as it was her turn...er...some 7 days ago. I could not stand it anymore and I did it myself. Hello???? Come on, I am not your daddy girl...

I have been debating with the idea to say "sorry, this is not going to work out, and maybe, I should, just maybe see how I can handle things w/o a roommate. I might be a little tighter in money and I might have to make some budget re-arrangements but I think all and all I will be ok....

Help and feedback please????

Should I be more patient or should I tell her to get on her car, pick up her things and ?

Angel
Old 01-08-2003, 07:43 PM

Dude -- she's a slob. Find a new roommate but be more selective in your screening. Granted you're a neat freak, any roommate would be a slob by your standards. But from the examples you've noted, you're current roomie sounds extremely slobby! Good luck!
Old 01-08-2003, 09:26 PM

Find a new roommate. Every roommate that I hated drove me nuts! I say you should find a friend to move in. I'm living with a friend right now and it's going just fine.
Old 01-09-2003, 04:30 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by integrate
[B]Find a new roommate.
Old 01-09-2003, 05:09 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dude kick her ass out. I had a roommate last year and what a friggin mistake that was. She is the utmost irresponsible person to walk the face of the earth ever. She was behind on every one of her bills... collectors were calling daily, the repo man even came twice looking for her car and the little slut would bring different guys home. After a month things didn't work out, actually she couldn't afford the place (her share was only $600 - how pathetic is that) so she left. Thank God! To this day, the ho still owes me money but I'm forcing her to slowly pay me back. If I were you, try to live by yourself. You might be a little tighter on money but without the troubles of a roommate.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:05 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by mav
[B]Dude kick her ass out.
Old 01-09-2003, 06:43 AM

angel, that girl needs to be out like a fat kid in dodgeball....just not needed. I also believe that u should live alone if it is affordable, at least for the time being until u find a good person. My college roomate moved out at the beginning of the second semester (thank God) and I loved not aving a roomate and not having to share things with someone who didnt respect my stuff. Later in the semester my friend moved in and it was great! So think about .
Old 01-09-2003, 08:06 AM

If you can't stand living with her, I think it's probably a good idea to ask her to move out. It sucks to go home and see your home in a condition that you don't want. If you can afford it, then it's probably easier to live by yourself. Otherwise, hope you can find someone who can meet your standards.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:14 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by RedS2Girl
[B]If you can't stand living with her, I think it's probably a good idea to ask her to move out.
Old 01-09-2003, 08:15 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dude..ditto! Get rid of her ass. If you can afford it, living by yourself will be a giant leap better than living with slobbygirl and her shoe wearing boyfriend. Good luck in going it alone, or getting a cleaner roommate!

Quick Reply: argh....roommate problems....help>?