Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Boxing fans? - vote now -

Old 12-26-2003, 07:04 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Boxing fans? - vote now -

http://www.hbo.com/boxing/games/index.shtml vote here

just thought i'd remind yall to vote for fighter of the year ....roy jones....
right now pacquiao is winning the polls i'm not telling you who to vote for but if you dont know who to vote for please pick JONES
a lil background on him

quote from http://www.boxinggurus.com/jonesr.html

"Roy Jones Jr. has the fastest hand speed of any fighter in the world. Along with his tremendous punching power, Jones often devastates his opponents in quick fashion. Jones showed most of that to be true recently agaisnt top 5 Heavyweight John Ruiz to win a Heayweight title after starting his career at Junior Middleweight. Jones outboxed, outsmarted and outskilled Ruiz in route to an easy decision win. What else is there for the man to do (if he is even human)??? Jones has a decision to make now, he can stay at Heavyweight or move down to clean up some "pretenders" from the Cruiserweight, Light Heavyweight or Super Middleweight division. We think a fight agaisnt Chris Byrd would be a good next conquest and then who knows how far up this man can go. One thing is for certain, that he isn't just the best fighter on the planet,but easily top 3 P4P EVER."

I want Roy jones as fighter as the year, he went up in weight class and fought john ruiz and beat him taking the championship and he also went back down in weight class that same year and beat tarver..
but you can pick whoever you want its up to you

I know this belongs in the sports section but not alot of the boxing fans go there lol i know i dont
Old 12-27-2003, 04:58 AM

Old 12-27-2003, 05:04 AM

hippo
Old 12-27-2003, 09:18 PM

mike tyson's punch out. one of my all time favs for nintendo.
Old 12-27-2003, 09:48 PM

Honestly I'd have to go with James Toney. Roy Jones maybe would've made my list. But he doesn't fight anybody, and his win against Tarvar wasn't convincing. I know Jones beat Toney before, but I seriously believe that today would be a different story. Toney looks awesome!!!
Old 12-27-2003, 09:53 PM

why would you pick toney...just cuz he beat holyfield? .. i mean holyfield hasnt won any of his last fights even tho he is a "living legend".. but toney isnt that great to me.

you are right about jones vs tarver i believed tarver won that fight but the judges called it a win for jones.. but his skill in the ring when he's 100% is awesome I was hoping the judges would call it a win for tarver since he had so much hope for that fight poor kid
Old 12-27-2003, 10:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I voted for Filipino fighter Manny Pacquiao, he's currently winning the poll at 76%
Old 12-27-2003, 10:22 PM

yea i think its mainly becasue he murdered marco antonio
that was a big dissapointment but i was surprised it happend at the same time..manny had tons of stamina
Old 12-27-2003, 10:26 PM

btw hyperpm do u have a larger pic of ur s2k in the sig.. i have plans on getting almost exactly similar mods in my car... i want to see how it would look
Old 12-28-2003, 08:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Presidente
btw hyperpm do u have a larger pic of ur s2k in the sig.. i have plans on getting almost exactly similar mods in my car... i want to see how it would look

Quick Reply: Boxing fans? - vote now -