Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Calling out Mikecl713 in NC!

Old 06-09-2005, 06:08 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Calling out Mikecl713 in NC!

Dunno whether this would be deleted or not (hopefully not), but I figured this would be the only way to let everyone know that he almost burned me good.

This is the For Sale thread in May 05 https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=293731

Guess what I found in the good ol' search!!! FS thread he posted back in Jan. of 05!
https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.ph...=250349&hl=gt1
(it's too bad I didn't find this before I made the purchase )

Our PMs:
Me: $500 + half shipping ($50)...
I usually split shipping with my buyers because i think of it as meeting half way and swapping...anyways, that's my offer if your interested.
I'm paypal rdy whenever you are. Thanks, Danny
mikecl713: deal!
paypal is ghetto_caddy@hotmail.com
shipping was estimated 120 so 60..
ill send it out tomorrow if the money is recieved...
if not, i will not be able to ship them until next friday. (ill beo n vacation)
thanks
Me: You have money as of 9:00pm eastern, Friday. I'll expect the wheels to arrive some time next week as you mentioned. Thanks, Danny

payment sent from: dp32185@hanmail.net
Amount of: $560.00
Mikecl713: went to the local shipping center and they were closed for memorial weekend... i need to head back to work now... ill try to get one of my cousins to send it out during the week... sorry for the trouble...
me: if it's been shipped out. a tracking # would be informative. i would like to throw these on before SESM next friday! thanks.
Mikecl713: i just got back in.. ill try to get them out to you by friday...... they should be there by friday since you are in atlanta which isnt too far from raleigh nc... they are already packaged i just need to get a truck and send them to the post office.
me: As long as it's here by Friday morning (when i leave), I'd be happy. BTW, how much tread is left on the MX? is it enough for a wild mountain and highway 1000 miles?
mikecl713: item sent.. you should have it by thursday...
nice doing business with ya

AFTER I RECEIVED THE WHEELS:
me: according your specs, the wheels should fit with no problem. the fact that studs don't even extend out half way inside the rims tells me that the specs are far off. i would like to handle this as polite as i can so let's talk. please respond a.s.a.p. Thanks, Danny
mikecl713: what's going on?
me: I got the wheels today and tried putting them on the car, but the wheels don't fit. it appears that either the studs have to be extended or the lug nuts have to be extra long.

Let's say that I go buy longer lugs and it's on the car. With the specs you posted, I shouldn't rub with a drop, but as it sits tire is flush with the outer fender. My fenders are already rolled from my previous wheels, but this is farther out than it supposed to be. I also have neg. 2.75 camber in the back which is extremely aggressive. the rears look to be much lower of an offset than 45.

according to my calculations , 17x8 +45 espeically with 245 series should not even come close to rubbing (keep in mind that my fenders are rolled and i have a serious neg. camber)

do you have the lugs that you used for this set that you can give me? or did you have your studs extended by any chance?
mikecl713: im confused...
these wheels are specifically designed for the s2000. there shouldnt be any fitment issues.... the only thing that i noticed is that the rear studs should have extended lugs.... oem lugnuts worked fine for me..
me: perfect fitment huh? guess what i found out today in the light! the lug pattern is 5x100. Aside from width/offset issue, this is for a completely different car. I will ship this back to you a.s.a.p (after this weekend) and I expect a refund of $560 + whatever it costs me to ship this thing back to you. I hope this is an honest mistake on your part. I wish to take this matter no further than what I stated above. Thanks and it really sucks for this transaction to go this bizarre! TTYL, Danny
mikecl713: u can send them back but im not giving a refund...
these were on my car and they fit perfect...
the guy i bought these from originally were on a suzaka blue and they fit perfect as well...... i have no idea what you're talking about....i didnt do nothing wrong.. sorry to be this way but this was a fair transaction..

THE END.

What do you guys think? I really thought it was an honest mistake...either way, I'll find a way to get the money back and the fact that he's close enough for a short travel relieves me a bit.

to mikecl713
Old 06-09-2005, 10:59 AM

Received 1,104 Likes on 700 Posts

You do know that the front and back rims are different sizes, don't you? And you are putting the correct ones in the correct spot?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:04 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

haha...
i think you up the front and back wheels...
Old 06-09-2005, 11:23 AM

um...you guys own civics right? honda s2000 does not use 5x100 bolt pattern. We use 5x114.3
Old 06-09-2005, 11:28 AM

I owned a Civic about 18 years ago, but I am talking about my S2000. I don't know what the bolt size is and I don't care. You didn't answer the question. Were you putting the right size rim in the right place?
Old 06-09-2005, 11:34 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Morris,Jun 9 2005, 02:28 PM
I owned a Civic about 18 years ago, but I am talking about my S2000. I don't know what the bolt size is and I don't care. You didn't answer the question. Were you putting the right size rim in the right place?
what dp32185 is trying to say is that the lug pattern isn't correct. It won't matter whether you're trying to put the front rim on the back or whatever... the lug pattern (5 x 114.3) is the same front and rear. These rims have a pattern of 5 x 100, which means they're not for the s2000.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:37 AM

They look like they should fit. They also look like they were on an S before. The S badge that is. I don't know why anyone would put them on if they didn't fit....
Old 06-09-2005, 11:37 AM

Is the 100 or the 114.3 the distance between the hole centers or the length of the bolt? Or something else? (I admit to not being mechanically inclined)
Old 06-09-2005, 11:39 AM

Tripple check, make sure your right. Try the rims on the car first. Make damn sure then if they really don't fit let us know. No way we'll let someone get away with that and still show there face on this board. However I believe you've probably made an error.
Old 06-09-2005, 11:41 AM

If you look at the lug holes on the rim itself, they're mishaped. it should be a perfect circle with maybe a little wear on the edges, but the holes look somewhat deformed.

did I put the wheels on the right corner? this is my 2nd set of wheels on the S and I wouldn't call someone out without making sure everything on my end is true. 215 goes in the front and 245 goes in the back.

as usace mentioned above, at this point...I'm not worried about width/offset because the wheel is for an audi or some other german or civic car with 5x100 bolt pattern. The wheels aren't designed for the S and so I feel jipped. I don't care who owned the wheels previously and I don't care how flawlessly it went because I hold responsible for the car if something was to happen due the wheels. I'm not taking any life threatening chances...

Quick Reply: Calling out Mikecl713 in NC!