Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Check here to double post

Old 10-16-2000, 11:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

some loyalists are still at HA.net. anyway to add a check box that would post a message both on this site and on the HA site? although i prefer this site now, i still check the other one from time to time and notice that some people over there are not sharing ideas here... i like the idea of doing anything we can to combine the total knowledge of the two sites. maybe the post to HA could say something like "this message also posted at s2000online (click here)"... thoughts on this idea?
Old 10-16-2000, 11:35 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hmmm... I'm not sure cthree wants to have this board be linked to H-A.net or not. I think that not a double-post option, but "also posted on..." message button may be neat, however.

cthree ??
Old 10-16-2000, 11:45 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Siper2:
[B]Hmmm...
Old 10-16-2000, 11:52 AM

Oh nonono I wasn't bashing you or anything, I honestly just don't know if cthree would be interested in linking the boards like that. He may want it to be an entirely separate thing now, you know? I'm not sure.

-S2-
Old 10-16-2000, 12:47 PM

Why? Messages have been posted there indicating that S2000 Online is the new site of choice, as indicated by the over 250 people who have registered here.

If someone doesn't want to come over here, it's their loss.
Old 10-16-2000, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Hmmm, I don't know how to respond to this one really. I'm not a political animal by any means. The S2000 message board thing is a very politically charged issue at the moment. So I guess I should just say that I don't see much of a marriage anytime soon.

I think this site has matured very quickly in a very short time. I also think that as a more focused site we have an opportunity to really do a lot more than just messaging. HA has a much different set of goals than S2000Online. All of the money that is generated from sponsorships here goes back into the site. Everything is cash money no favors, loaners or whatnot. HA is in no better position than 2 months ago. It still relies on a favor from a friend. The operator and the admin are still not one in the same. S2000Online has it's own server, bandwidth, software everything. Judge those merits for yourselves.

I believe that all of this translates into a more stable and more focused site for clearly one of the most active groups of car owners around. I have turned to some of the members to develop areas of the site that will make S2000Online a totally unique experience from the other options. In time evidence of these developments will be visible but running this site is a lot of work, admittedly a lot less now than at the beginning. I've been around the message board scene since early this year and racked up my fair share of posts. In that time I have seen some of the needs of the group go unanswered. I look at this as an opportunity to deliver substantial value back to the community.

There will always be a split between this site and others. I honestly don't know how to change that other than to do what I know I can do which is offer a better quality site. I'm not into negotiations or politics and if I tried we would all lose. So I'll stick to what I know for now and see how it goes.

Old 10-16-2000, 02:28 PM

cthree, I'm startin' to like you a lot!

Well said, and I agree. Sad to see H-A.net go through such trauma, though, and I'm sure you and most of us here agree.

-S2-
Old 10-16-2000, 04:29 PM

C3, very good post...I'm with you!!!
Old 10-19-2000, 07:33 AM

just signature testing, pardon me