Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.
View Poll Results: Coke beats Pepsi hands down! (in Texas Death Row final meal requests)
Coke, voted #1 by Death Row inmates
15.00%
"too bright to get caught" Pepsi
30.00%
Dr. Pepper, dare to be a different felon
35.00%
other
20.00%
Voters: 20. You may not vote on this poll

Coke beats Pepsi hands down! (in Texas Death Row final meal requests)

Old 07-09-2003, 02:01 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Coke is preferred 13 to 1 over Pepsi as a beverage of choice in the final meal requests of Texas death row inmates. I dunno what this means really, but I might not look at you Coke drinkers quite the same again. or maybe people who drink Pepsi and commit crimes are too bright to get caught? anyway Coke beat Dr. Pepper 39 to 16. (I don't drink any of these-- water and fruit juices for me, thanks. it keeps me out of prison apparently.)

Between '82 and '85 a good ol T-bone steak was a top choice. on average it looks like about 7.5% of death row inmates gotta have just one last T-bone. if seared properly on a high-heat and some A1 Steak Sauce, I gotta give a for this. don't forget the fries.

James Powell's last meal request was a pot of coffee-- guess he wanted to make sure he was awake for the big event.

anyway, here are the final meal requests

and the last statements are interesting to read as well.

I was just checking the site out again (I probably go there 2x a month-- I've been visiting it since Feb, long before I discovered s2ki or even thought I wanted an S2000). it's a real paradigm shift. just another snapshot of reality.

yeah, I know it was already posted before, here--> https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...?threadid=89049

(and a heads-up, btw. before anybody posts anything "too on the edge", try to keep in mind the possibility that one of a victim's family members may be a member of s2ki. I tried to keep my posting to just the trivial statistics-- nothing too political or judgemental. to each his own, just giving a respectful heads-up in case anybody is in a joking mood and might not take this into account. and if the light-heartedness of some of my posting offends, apologies in advance.)

and hell, since this is my first "off-topic" might as well post a poll!
Old 07-09-2003, 08:20 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Wow! RC Cola made headway into this exclusive domain!
Old 07-09-2003, 08:33 AM

It's always funny to see those requests.. I would personally request nothing if it were up to me, it woulpd just remind me of everything that I was leaving...
Old 07-09-2003, 01:44 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"One cup of hot tea (from tea bags) and six chocolate chip cookies"

that one was interesting.......im wondering though; how many of these people actually eat all of that stuff such as

"Two 16 oz. ribeyes, one lb. turkey breast (sliced thin), twelve strips of bacon, two large hamburgers with mayo, onion, and lettuce, two large baked potatoes with butter, sour cream, cheese, and chives, four slices of cheese or one-half pound of grated cheddar cheese, chef salad with blue cheese dressing, two ears of corn on the cob, one pint of mint chocolate chip ice cream, and four vanilla Cokes or Mr. Pibb "

if I was in that situation I doubt I would feel like eating anyway : /
Old 07-09-2003, 01:46 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

i would be crying as i'm eating this last meal
Old 07-09-2003, 05:16 PM

JustAYoungMC-- yeah, that was John Elliott. it was from hearing about him in the news that I found the link to this site. he was one brutal mo-fo. I was really curious to see what he'd say, considering the media frenzy around his case, but he didn't say anything. even that is a trip, to just walk in, get strapped down, asked if you have any final words, and shake your head no. nothing to say. not a single thing to say about anything.

I think they have a limit to the amount the meal can cost-- something like $20 to $25.

it always trips me out to see if somebody is scheduled to be executed in a day or so, to read their crime, to see how long they've been on death row and think back that long and think where I was at that time, knowing they've been on death row since then, etc.

then after they're executed, to see what they're last meal and final words were. (it usually takes the site admin a day or two to update the site-- I guess, what's the rush eh?)
Old 07-09-2003, 05:30 PM

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

That last meal deal is kind of funny to me. Cause they don't let them get the finishing dump afterwards. I'm sure it comes out when they lose control of their bowels though.
Old 07-09-2003, 07:30 PM

I love the last statements, just skimming through them, but lots of "The Lord is my saviour", and Biblical references.. ahh now they go crying for the Lord's mercy.. also lots of "sorry to the victims, forgive me" kind of stuff, hmm well too late... Question: Do you think these deathrow inmates actually are changed men?? (As many of them claim)
Old 07-09-2003, 07:35 PM

Coke is better than Pepsi, that is why!

My last meal would be an enormous plate of sushi, and since they obviously won't offer alcohol...

DR PEPPER!