Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Which credit card give out the most reward?

Old 10-19-2005, 12:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which credit card give out the most reward?

A co-worker of mine was telling me this during lunch. He's been using his credit card to pay for every single one of his bills, cable bill, utility bill, phone bills, etc., that way he'll only have one bill to pay at the end of the month, and with the "auto pay" system, he only has to worry about one bill, which is the credit card bill. At the same time, he's earning mile with his Alaska Air Mile Card. He also said, as long as you pay off the balance every month, no interest will be charge. Sounds like a Win-Win to me, less bills and with reward. Did I miss anything here??

Now my question is, which credit card company give out the most reward, regardless of airline miles or acutually free stuff, anyone have any recommendation??

-Thanks in advance.
Old 10-19-2005, 01:28 PM

I have 2 Citi Platinum Select Dividend MasterCards. I choose these cards for 5% rebates on Gasoline, Groceries and Drug Stores, 1% on everything else. The reason I had two cards was, they limit $300 rebate per year on each card, with two cards I will be able to get up to $600 rebate a year. They will mail you rebate check above $50 when you ask for it on their website. The way I see it is, I need gas and my family need foods and something in drug stores all the times, and 5% cash rebate for these things is not bad at all

I paid off balance each month online, therefore I did not pay any interest or any fee nor stamps. In summary, it does not cost me anything and once in a awhile I got some cash back to spend
Old 10-19-2005, 04:04 PM

Hows the Citi Diamond Preferred? I just got it dunno anything about this Rewards or cashback.. All I know is i spent 3700.00 in two months on my American Express Blue with 5% cash back and im seeing a $2.65 cashback so far on my account..
Old 10-19-2005, 06:53 PM

Received 800 Likes on 711 Posts

Originally Posted by TR-S2K,Oct 19 2005, 04:28 PM
I have 2 Citi Platinum Select Dividend MasterCards. I choose these cards for 5% rebates on Gasoline, Groceries and Drug Stores, 1% on everything else. The reason I had two cards was, they limit $300 rebate per year on each card, with two cards I will be able to get up to $600 rebate a year. They will mail you rebate check above $50 when you ask for it on their website. The way I see it is, I need gas and my family need foods and something in drug stores all the times, and 5% cash rebate for these things is not bad at all

I paid off balance each month online, therefore I did not pay any interest or any fee nor stamps. In summary, it does not cost me anything and once in a awhile I got some cash back to spend
If you put a lot on plastic, a better combo is the Citi platinum select (use only for gas and groceries) and a chase ultimate rewards which gives you 1.5% on all purchases above a threshold (I think it's $3000)... If you put about $1000/month or more on the second card, the return is somewhat higher over the course of the year.