Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Dropped my bike today...DOH!

Old 05-31-2001, 01:58 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Dropped it in the dirt. I was going slow about 10MPH coasting down for a stop sign. I looked down to check something and when I looked up I was headed for the shoulder of very fine powdery sand. I kept it straight but it slid out from under me. No significant damage to myself but I dented the tank and bent the light and instrument cluster.

bummer.
Old 05-31-2001, 02:03 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That sucks dude.

Maybe you should stick to driving the S2K
Old 05-31-2001, 02:09 PM

cthree,

Ahhman...that sux.

What kind of bike do you ride?
Old 05-31-2001, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally posted by MarkS2K
That sucks dude.

Maybe you should stick to driving the S2K
I'm thinking the same thing I bought the bike for $600 ('77 CB550FourK) and it runs well but needs way too much work to make perfect. I'm just a total novice having never driven or ridden on a motorcycle before. It was just one of those thing on my list of things to do.

I was thinking of selling it anyway since I almost never ride it but with my car in the shop for TSB work it's my only transport. I may strip it of parts and sell them on eBay. They are probably worth more than the bike itself. The engine has a leaky head gasket and the bike itself is basically shot, even more so now
Old 05-31-2001, 02:33 PM

bummer. glad to hear that you are ok.

i used to ride and to tell the truth, i still miss the thrill every once in a while. maybe i am a big wussy, but i decided to sell the bike when i decided to ask my now fiance to marry me. i loved the bike, just hated the average idiot california driver and figured that i should give up that thrill for some additional safety. dawn (my fiance) was very cool about it. while i think that down deep she was very happy to have me sell the bike, she really encouraged me to do what i wanted. i think she didn't want to ever have me feel that i sold it because of her.

so... we bought the s2k instead. in my mind, the closest thing to riding a sportbike this side of a 306 modena spyder. it isn't quite the same thrill but at least i can take her with me now and i have some metal around me.

enjoy the bike, just be safe. and remember, it's the other morons on the road that you need to watch out for.
Old 05-31-2001, 02:46 PM

I hate it when that happens. About 25 years ago my entire office made a trip to Big Ben National Park. I made the mistake of not only taking my Suzuki 250 dirt bike, but also letting others ride it there. This big bozo brought it back barely rideable, with mirrors and other items torn off the bike after he carelessly wrecked it. At least he did apologize as he gave the bike back to me, not offering any monetary compensation whatsoever.
Old 05-31-2001, 02:56 PM

Hey lvs2k,

That's messed up. If I wrecked your bike, I would've offered to pay for it. Makes you wonder how some people are raised these days.
Old 05-31-2001, 06:39 PM

cthree,

that sucks! but it sounds like you picked a good bike to drop, as opposed to a 16k ducati. i had a bike a few years ago and sure enough, i finally dropped it one day. i have heard that a person is bound to drop their bike at least once. at least you got that "one time" out of the way and you are alright. that is all that really matters.

brian
Old 05-31-2001, 06:55 PM
Former Moderator

That sux, but I'd trade your 10mph drift thru the sand for my 100mph jump across a dicth, narrowly missing trees and lamp posts, ripping up my Uncles front yard, cracking the helmet of the driveway crash anyday!
Old 05-31-2001, 06:57 PM

totally bites, how much to take the dent out?

Quick Reply: Dropped my bike today...DOH!