Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Getting screwed on eBay - Pro-Motive Concepts LLC

Old 04-08-2016, 12:35 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TrumpetTitan
Originally Posted by mongomery1234' timestamp='1456613037' post='23892951
You accidentally ordered a set of wheels? Not sure how many times I've accidentally went through multiple screens, logged into my paypal account, clicked the form of payment I wanted to use, and then confirmed the order. But to each is own I suppose. I personally think you aren't entitled to a refund and the only person getting screwed here is the unfortunate seller who has to deal with low class buyers who cant read before they purchase. Not only are you wasting their time and money but you're wasting everyone else's also simply because you cant read. Maybe paying return shipping costs will teach you to read a little better

Re-reading not sure how this wasn't an "actual mistake" on your part either really.
The Honda or JDM culture sure is something else. I find it funny comparing the responses from Jeep Forum to here, night and day.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/ge...-ebay-3647362/

What i find the most ironic is being told that it is my fault i did not take the time to verify my order when you did not take the time to read my post..

Again, as i said eBay has one click ordering and i was trying to verify a shipping amount, considering shipping four wheels to Hawaii is quite expensive. You are correct in saying usually when purchasing online there is a ADD TO CART, VERIFY SHIPPING, then finally SUBMIT ORDER. I think it is reasonable to request a order cancellation within one minute and to have it be honored, this is what is considered customer service. But i guess it is all on me in the eyes of this forum, no longer as companies required to answer their phone or email in a timely manner or conduct ethical business practices, i mean, only when it happens to you.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:21 PM

why even worry? have the package reroute back, call your bank & they will do a chargeback.
Old 04-12-2016, 01:17 PM
Site Moderator

Received 2,594 Likes on 1,907 Posts

Originally Posted by befumo
Originally Posted by TrumpetTitan' timestamp='1459864126' post='23928668
[quote name='mongomery1234' timestamp='1456613037' post='23892951']
You accidentally ordered a set of wheels? Not sure how many times I've accidentally went through multiple screens, logged into my paypal account, clicked the form of payment I wanted to use, and then confirmed the order. But to each is own I suppose. I personally think you aren't entitled to a refund and the only person getting screwed here is the unfortunate seller who has to deal with low class buyers who cant read before they purchase. Not only are you wasting their time and money but you're wasting everyone else's also simply because you cant read. Maybe paying return shipping costs will teach you to read a little better

Re-reading not sure how this wasn't an "actual mistake" on your part either really.
The Honda or JDM culture sure is something else. I find it funny comparing the responses from Jeep Forum to here, night and day.

http://www.jeepforum.com/forum/f7/ge...-ebay-3647362/

What i find the most ironic is being told that it is my fault i did not take the time to verify my order when you did not take the time to read my post..

Again, as i said eBay has one click ordering and i was trying to verify a shipping amount, considering shipping four wheels to Hawaii is quite expensive. You are correct in saying usually when purchasing online there is a ADD TO CART, VERIFY SHIPPING, then finally SUBMIT ORDER. I think it is reasonable to request a order cancellation within one minute and to have it be honored, this is what is considered customer service. But i guess it is all on me in the eyes of this forum, no longer as companies required to answer their phone or email in a timely manner or conduct ethical business practices, i mean, only when it happens to you.
[/quote]

I must be reading the wrong thread as a lot of the responses seem to be the same as what's been said here.

There are a lot of sellers that use a fully automated software for selling, once the purchase button is clicked wheels are set in motion. It isn't the sellers fault you didn't realize you clicked the wrong button, I know you're annoyed by this, but again, it isn't their fault.

I'm not siding with them as I don't run my business this way, but I've seen others do this many times.

Sucks for sure, but this is the fully automated world we live in.
Old 04-15-2016, 02:26 PM

when u get the package, send back a set of old wheels. you will win.