Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Getting screwed on eBay - Pro-Motive Concepts LLC

Old 02-26-2016, 09:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Getting screwed on eBay - Pro-Motive Concepts LLC

SELLER: Pro-Motive Concepts LLC

Hey guys i am looking for some advice or past experiences with situation like i am about to explain. It is going to be a long one so bear with me.

I went to go price out a set of wheels (specifically was looking at SSR GTV01s) and looked into eBay because they offer free shipping and being stationed in Hawaii is as some of you may guess it is very expensive to ship here, especially four, 22 pound circles of aluminum. As i am looking to verify the shipping cost on eBay i accidentally ordered a set of four wheels (apparently eBay has one click ordering). Realizing my mistake i cancel the order immediately without much concern, and it is important to note how quickly i requested a cancellation, within one minute. This was not a situation of I receive the wheels and i ordered the incorrect bolt pattern or something that was an actual mistake on my part.. this is a request for cancellation WITHIN ONE MINUTE of the initial order.

Getting screwed on eBay - Pro-Motive Concepts LLC-rydwbkp.png
Getting screwed on eBay - Pro-Motive Concepts LLC-cprq3mq.png

But still, i am not concerned, i have dealt with multiple companies online and am by far not a rookie to online shopping.. until i receive a tracking number about 10 minutes later, then i start to worry..

Attempt to call them several times and i go straight to voicemail at noon during a weekday.
Send a message on facebook and an email to their sales department.. i am still waiting on a response.

The only response i get is on PayPal and it is this gem.. also would like to mention i never got a response back to this message. Continuing their excellence in customer service.

Getting screwed on eBay - Pro-Motive Concepts LLC-rirpx8h.png
Apparently when you are in sales, its solely about the money and not communicating with your customers. As you can see this is the mentality of this seller, and according to eBay/PayPal once a tracking number is assigned to your order (even if it is after your cancellation request).. your shit out of luck and its completely up to the seller if they feel like cancelling the order or not. PayPal/eBay say they 'encourage' sellers to accept cancellations. Of course a tracking number was not assigned and as we all know the package does not magically arrive at the UPS/FedEx distribution center within minutes of an order.

As far as this seller is concerned they have no risk sending it out, in a best case scenario i will not take the time to return the items, so its a full on sale for them. Or maybe the buyer will just return them and we can charge a 20 percent restocking free, 20 percent of $1,728.00 = 170 dollars. At the very worst i create a claim through PayPal/eBay and i pay the shipping myself, and make one negative review on their eBay page, in reality.. no skin off their ass.

So here i am now, the claim has gone in my favor which will give me a full refund for the cost of the wheels, but i will have to pay to ship four wheels back to Pennsylvania, which is VERY EXPENSIVE. I am trying to work with the seller now, i guess they respond when eBay gets involved and a claim is filed, but i am still very limited over just piss poor customer support on a very reasonable order request. As i stated above, requested cancellation within ONE MINUTE.

eBay and PayPal has the worst customer support i have ever encountered. Its amazing the difference going from companies like Evasive Motorsports, or Quadratec and USAA then these guys. I can not even find one person that understands English on the PayPal side of things, it is so frustrating!

I literally feel at a dead end, and i feel that i have a very reasonable, understandable case for a FULL REFUND to include shipping. I am looking for advice to pressure the company to give me a full refund, it is solely up to the seller. I was thinking about the Better Business Bureau, are there any other similar routes i can use to go about this, please tell me, share past experiences etc.
Old 02-26-2016, 09:44 PM

Also as well, i can not refuse the package at the door, even though that would be the best options for both parties since it would just return to sender at no cost. But go figure i can not reach the seller because they do not answer their phone, email or anything for that matter. I can not reach them through eBay because eBay/PayPal does not allow you to do returns this way and it is actually against their policy to refuse an order for returns. So that is not an option.

A word of advice to eBay/PayPal users..

Plus i would like to highly recommend to anyone out there to be weary of PayPal/eBay in the future. I am sure there are plenty of great sellers and buyers and i have had plenty of great experiences myself. But i have my doubts if eBay or PayPal actually have the consumers back on anything if you happen to have to file a claim with a user that does not want to offer half way decent customer service.

Secondly, make sure your PayPal account is linked to a debit or credit card! Not to your bank account directly through Account/Routing number already charged myself $30 dollars in fees because they wiped my checking account out abruptly several days after the order then pulled from my savings to get the difference.
Old 02-27-2016, 07:06 AM

Just refuse the package, it goes back to them without you having to pay. Just don't open them.

Also it should auto update the tracking and show it go back to them. Just write refused on the boxes and drop it off at the carrier that delivered it.

I've done this in the past a few times. If they refuse to be reasonable, just go through your credit card company and do an official chargeback and recoup all your charges, and skip the merchant in general.

I too also have sellers that refuse to cancel and just tell me to "send the item back" and sometimes they won't give me a refund even so.

At the end of the day, a credit card charge back hurts PayPal and Ebay, but it's your money, so who cares right?

I personally do not use PayPal anymore because they have no logic in their claims process, and when I do, I'm sure I want to buy something and make a throw away account and close it after I made my purchase.

I used to do a lot of web development and services for an online private server game, and made thousands off the niche, and one day PayPal decided to lock my account and keep around $9500 and told me I breached their terms of service.

Needless to say, I went on my business PayPal and explained the issue my credit card issuers, and they charged back $9500 worth of goods and services for me, and ditched it for awhile.

I'll always hold a grudge for PayPal, I can't stand with their unethical practices.

PS: I can confirm that paypal took the hits of my chargebacks and the action didn't hurt the people who I purchased from since they were not at wrong in any way. So no one except PayPal lost money in the situation, and technically they still have my $9500 on hold which they've probably spent.
Old 02-27-2016, 01:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You accidentally ordered a set of wheels? Not sure how many times I've accidentally went through multiple screens, logged into my paypal account, clicked the form of payment I wanted to use, and then confirmed the order. But to each is own I suppose. I personally think you aren't entitled to a refund and the only person getting screwed here is the unfortunate seller who has to deal with low class buyers who cant read before they purchase. Not only are you wasting their time and money but you're wasting everyone else's also simply because you cant read. Maybe paying return shipping costs will teach you to read a little better

Re-reading not sure how this wasn't an "actual mistake" on your part either really.
Old 02-28-2016, 09:35 AM

Originally Posted by mongomery1234
You accidentally ordered a set of wheels? Not sure how many times I've accidentally went through multiple screens, logged into my paypal account, clicked the form of payment I wanted to use, and then confirmed the order. But to each is own I suppose. I personally think you aren't entitled to a refund and the only person getting screwed here is the unfortunate seller who has to deal with low class buyers who cant read before they purchase. Not only are you wasting their time and money but you're wasting everyone else's also simply because you cant read. Maybe paying return shipping costs will teach you to read a little better

Re-reading not sure how this wasn't an "actual mistake" on your part either really.
It is ironic you are talking about not re-reading my order when you clearly did not read my post I made above. eBay has one click ordering, there was no "add to cart" or "confirmation/submit" page. Either way, when you request an order cancellation within one minute of the initial transaction I think it is reasonable to cancel the buyers order. I am not sure why people like you find it so hard to understand my situation or how wrong it is for a company (especially in sales) not to answer your phone, email, facebook, or provide any customer service whatsoever. Please do us all a favor and never start a business.

Originally Posted by zerapk
Just refuse the package, it goes back to them without you having to pay. Just don't open them.

Also it should auto update the tracking and show it go back to them. Just write refused on the boxes and drop it off at the carrier that delivered it.

I've done this in the past a few times. If they refuse to be reasonable, just go through your credit card company and do an official chargeback and recoup all your charges, and skip the merchant in general.

I too also have sellers that refuse to cancel and just tell me to "send the item back" and sometimes they won't give me a refund even so.

At the end of the day, a credit card charge back hurts PayPal and Ebay, but it's your money, so who cares right?

I personally do not use PayPal anymore because they have no logic in their claims process, and when I do, I'm sure I want to buy something and make a throw away account and close it after I made my purchase.

I used to do a lot of web development and services for an online private server game, and made thousands off the niche, and one day PayPal decided to lock my account and keep around $9500 and told me I breached their terms of service.

Needless to say, I went on my business PayPal and explained the issue my credit card issuers, and they charged back $9500 worth of goods and services for me, and ditched it for awhile.

I'll always hold a grudge for PayPal, I can't stand with their unethical practices.

PS: I can confirm that paypal took the hits of my chargebacks and the action didn't hurt the people who I purchased from since they were not at wrong in any way. So no one except PayPal lost money in the situation, and technically they still have my $9500 on hold which they've probably spent.
As I said, I can not refuse the package because in eBay's policy refusing the package immediately voids any sort of refund. It would be nice if I could actually communicate with the seller and just say lets work this out, you give me a refund ill refuse the package and we will leave it at that. But as I said, this company has NO CUSTOMER SERVICE.

eBay and PayPal is literally the devil, I got the old sob story over the phone but when it comes time to actually help someone you get a bullshit response or someone who can barely speak English.
Old 02-28-2016, 11:09 PM
Community Organizer

Received 551 Likes on 503 Posts

Amazon has so much stuff these days and with Prime membership, I rarely shop on Ebay anymore. With amazon free return policy I just dont see how you can lose, when you can return for any reason. You still have to be mindful of non Prime orders, but most those company's try and live up to Amazons discrepancies so its still better then a lot of the Ebay sellers. One click shipping is just dumb. This story is a great reason to never go there, I dont care if it saves you 3.3 sec in your task I think its just a ploy to either trip you up and or order more shit.
Old 02-29-2016, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by s2000Junky
Amazon has so much stuff these days and with Prime membership, I rarely shop on Ebay anymore. With amazon free return policy I just dont see how you can lose, when you can return for any reason. You still have to be mindful of non Prime orders, but most those company's try and live up to Amazons discrepancies so its still better then a lot of the Ebay sellers. One click shipping is just dumb. This story is a great reason to never go there, I dont care if it saves you 3.3 sec in your task I think its just a ploy to either trip you up and or order more shit.
I am in complete agreement, i use Prime all the time and have nothing but good things to say about them and their customer service. Again, this would of never of happened on Amazon, though they include 3rd party sellers, when you hit cancel an order they do actually cancel it and promptly.

I tried eBay because often (even though Prime includes free shipping) on larger items to Alaska and Hawaii they basically charge normal shipping, unlike eBay when it says free shipping from my experience so far it has been free outside the 48 states to include Alaska and Hawaii.

Anyone else have an idea or prior experiences?
Old 02-29-2016, 09:09 AM
Site Moderator

Received 2,587 Likes on 1,903 Posts

You can turn off the one click ordering option on eBay, and FTR, Amazon has one click buying as well.
Old 02-29-2016, 09:20 AM

Originally Posted by sam_spider
You can turn off the one click ordering option on eBay, and FTR, Amazon has one click buying as well.
I will definitely do that and Amazon does have that. Of course Amazon i have cancelled several orders, and they did not send them out. Amazon customer service is also top notch though, i will say.

But it is not about that, as i said i was not even concerned when the order went through, i just asked for a cancellation and i guess i should have been worried with the claim/customer support of eBay/PayPal.
Old 04-05-2016, 05:48 AM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by mongomery1234

Quick Reply: Getting screwed on eBay - Pro-Motive Concepts LLC