Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Has anyone ever had a bad experience with E-Bay?

Old 01-14-2002, 05:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Has anyone ever had a bad experience with E-Bay?

Have you ever paid for an item on ebay and the seller does not ship the item? What do you do if this happens? I purchased $650 worth of stuff and still haven't arrived yet. The seller is from New York and said that she had to re-send the item. It's been almost 3-weeks already. I know it takes a while to ship to Hawaii but this is ridiculous! How long does express mail to ship over seas?
Old 01-15-2002, 08:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hang in there! If you are still in communications with the seller, you'll most likely do OK. It's when they stop talking to you, or block your email that you know you have problems. Since I'm here on the mainland, I've only shipped from HI to CA, but it has taken a full three weeks in at least one instance. I have also had a shipper get his product returned to him after two full weeks and then he had to resend it. I have found that most eBay sellers are honest. If there is a fault with the system it's that descriptions are more like marketing phrases instead of being candid about the item and it's scratches, nicks, dents, scuffs, etc.

Now...should this deal go bad...use email first to try to get the situation worked out to your satisfaction, if you used your credit card through paypal, have them get involved. They are typically not much help, but it may shake things loose at the seller's end. Also, you can contest the charges when they show on your account recap even if you charged through paypal...this is your credit card company becoming involved.

But key to solution is to keep on talking, politely, to your seller. Problems occur, but most can be worked out (major exceptions are damage claims against the carriers...sheesh, like pulling teeth from a live carnivorous animal!!)...takes a lot of planning but can still be quite painful!!

Good luck. Paul
Old 01-15-2002, 08:54 AM

check out this thread:

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/showthread.php?...&highlight=ebay
Old 01-15-2002, 08:59 AM

i would never deal such a large amount of money not being face to face with the person and examining the product myself.

good rule of them never send any amount of money you're not willing to just lose
Old 01-15-2002, 09:16 AM

go in these steps.

1. ask for either a UPS or FED EX tracking #. if the sellers shipped it out like she or he said. then they should be able to provide this for you.
2. inform PAY PAL if you went through them that you suspect you have been frauded.
3. if you wrote a check, cancel the check immediately.
4. if the check has been deposited, and you dont receive the product within another 2 weeks.
write a negative feedback, and the only way you can get your $ back is to go the wherever this seller is from, i think you said NY.. and file a suit in small claims court.

i know this from experience, i was ripped off from this guy in Florida and i was here in California.
i actually flew over there and filed in small claims court against the guy and you know what ended up happening??? he was scared and paid my original $ back + plain ticket + court cost/lawyer and plus i was on vacation so what the heck, it was worth it. he was lucky i didnt press fraud charges.

another incident which also involved Ebay which happened to me, to make my story short, i was ripped off from this guy who lived in Texas... i actually drove my ass over there and went to his house.
well as you can see i got my $ back also and even the local police got involved on that one. we both ended up in the local county jail for 1 night.