Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Help a kid out, come on!?

Old 03-13-2005, 10:01 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by axxizzer,Mar 13 2005, 10:28 PM
Im doubting my future kuz the counselors tell me that I have none. The school only stresses the importance of a 4 year, making everything else seem like a horrible failure at life. Also, I cant get into any major public colleges with a D, and it doesnt look like I will be able to make them all up.

THATS why I am asking for help, no amount of telling me to straighten up is gonna help. I can get straight As from now on, but still wont be elligible for CA Colleges except for community stuff.
then your school has some screwed up counselors.

many people opt to go to community colleges because it is closer to home and it also gives them a chance to transfer to another school in 2 years. heck, if you do really good in a community college you could probably transfer to a UC or something.
Old 03-13-2005, 10:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

UC wont accept me if I have a D or F

So unless I can make up 4 dead semesters, I cant get to one...
Old 03-13-2005, 11:05 PM

you're beliving all the negative bullshit the counslers taught you. I made all D's and I am now attending UH .. i plan to transfer to either UT or A&M for my masters. having D's in highschool didnt stop me, it shouldnt stop you.
Old 03-14-2005, 04:52 AM

If you get straight Ds all four years, you can still go to college. Albeit a communitycollege, you get your two years there and transfer just about to any other school. Not only is community college cheaper, but no one really cares if you went to a community college, only where you got your degree from.
Old 03-14-2005, 05:19 AM
CG

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My grades weren't great in high school and I went to a community college because I couldn't seem to find a real job. Five years later I had AA, and BS degrees, and a MS degree with grades that put me in the top 10% nationwide. If I'd let a few D's and F's stop me in high school or believed some government flunky told me I'd have never made it.

On the other hand you don't have to go to college to do well in business. My wife never completed more than one or two classes. College just wasn't for her. Now she has over 1500 employees in 36 states reporting to her. Hard work can get you there but it's easier with a degree.

BTW, you don't write like a 15 year old failure.
Old 03-14-2005, 12:55 PM

You people kick serious ass. Thank you all so much, my outlook has changed and y'all have affected me with your kindness. Thank you for the reassurance and help!
Old 03-16-2005, 12:22 AM

I know it's hard to have long term focus at 15. Do yourself a favor, get your sh*t together, start working you ass off in school & maybe even repeat a grade if you have too. The long term payoff for getting a good post-secondary education is the well documented fact that: those with college degrees make more money over their working lives. Or you could just be the poster child for the picture above.

EDIT: The other reason my friend is: your worth it & nobody else can do it for you.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:28 AM
Banned

If all fail, I can direct you to a good boot camp. They can turn boys into respectable men. Not a bad idea at all to consider.
Old 03-16-2005, 12:57 AM
Banned

bookmarking thread. I traveled much the same road you're on now and spent 6 years in the Marines. I'll follow up later with my experiences and thoughts.
Old 03-16-2005, 06:14 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Tell your counselor that the people from s2ki.com saids he seriously sucks!

Quick Reply: Help a kid out, come on!?