Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Help selecting a watch.

Old 09-08-2002, 08:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help selecting a watch.

I know there are some real watch guru's here so go easy on me.

Well guys my faithful Skagen died today, its in a box back to where it came from where the watch knomes can fix it. I don't expect it back for quite some time. This is the first decent watch that I have ever owned and it held up very very well. (3 years or so)

So I was thinking of getting another nicer watch as I now have to wheel and deal sometimes and for some reason I have started wearing a suit more and more. So I went on a adventure to find another watch today and read up a little on whats out there but still have not found anything, all the local shops are little 20-200 doller places or more money then I make in a year watch places. One of these uber expensive places even had a 68,000 doller watch, guess which one I liked.

So if you could point me in the right direction, looking for a single or double skeleton, traditional mechanical movement. I would imagine that it should have the "insert mineral" un scratchable lens. Is there a company that focuses on this type of watch.

I have been doing some search but have not found the end all be all watch website. I would like to keep the price around 1500 USD, I don't know if that is possible and still be able to get a everyday wearable watch that I can just use and not worry about breaking.

I will try and post pictures of what I find but if I could get some recommendations for a good manufacter it would be real helpful.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:30 PM

Well here is a quick peak at what I would like but at 8500 or so used I don't think I can have this one.

Old 09-08-2002, 08:32 PM

i am a big fan of tag hueur watches...you should check those out.
Old 09-08-2002, 08:50 PM

Check out the Tissot T-Touch. It's under budget, mineral crystal and very very cool.

T-Touch Link

I've owned a number of Tissot watches and never a problem!!

Another brand to look at in that price range is Raymond Weil.

Let us know what you end up with!!
Old 09-08-2002, 09:04 PM

i just got my dad and my self MOVADO watches... i got his for 1300 dollars and mine for 600.. They got plain black face(silver and blue available) with a diamond(dosen't look like it but they say it is) on the top part of the face.. it also has saphire crystal face so it won't scratch unless you have a diamond..heard that saphire crystal is 9 outta 10 on strongest rocks. I really wanted tag watch but too much mulla for my budget.. But I'm a big fan of movado so I have one now..
Old 09-09-2002, 03:11 AM

Heres the watch I want.

It even has F1 Heritage.

TAG Heuer Kirium F-1 Men's Chronograph

Priced around $1500 USD
Old 09-09-2002, 04:23 AM

Rado would be first choice followe by Movado
Old 09-09-2002, 05:45 AM

depends what u want it for.
if u r after a more business orientated approach then go with a tag heuer (as they r fairly reasonably prices), maybe even omega (getting up there, rolex is definitely out of ur league.
if brands r not ur bag, then maybe citizen and seiko, they make good everyday watches that should last more than 3 years if maintained.
designer watches r good, but they r fairly dressy and they really only have a name slapped on them
otherwise ucould go with a simple timex or casio g-shock
really depends on what u want itfor
Old 09-09-2002, 06:27 AM

Get yourself a Tag Kirium Auto Chronometer, awesome watch and very tough.......

Had mine for 6 months and wear it everday to work, it's had many a bash but is still as good as new........

Matt555
Old 09-09-2002, 07:54 AM

try this site- www.ashford.com

I bought my watch there a while back.

Quick Reply: Help selecting a watch.