Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

The Official "Desi" Thread

Old 09-04-2008, 11:23 AM

Received 39 Likes on 29 Posts

just get it over and done with and get that lambo you want lol. Gallardo would be sweet. Lol you know you can't get the vette or Gt R when you go to a desi convention then they will think you only own a nissan or god forbid a chevy hahah you maybe looked down upon next to the dubbed out CL
Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts

Originally Posted by devs2k,Sep 4 2008, 11:56 AM
so funny because it's true.. desis are really brown jews ....
Actually, Desi's are the new Jew.

In fact, it's brought on the funniest Indian type-casted line in an American TV series (at least in my opinon).

Anyone watch the "My Name is Earl" episode where he's in a coma at a hospital being servced by an Indian doctor?

Here's a quick little excerpt until I find the scene on Youtube or somewhere:

...Joy tells the doctor that they want a second opinion from a real doctor, a Jewish one. To which the doctor responds, "I'm Indian. We're the new Jews." Darnell dubiously replies, "I thought that was Koreans." The doctor says, "They wish!"
Old 09-04-2008, 11:25 AM

haha i agree canadia. Lol my brother is going through it now, Thank god I am done with that process. BTW if anyone is looking for a wife, good luck lol.
Old 09-04-2008, 11:36 AM

btw luder that quote is hilarious
Old 09-04-2008, 11:41 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MDXLuvr,Sep 4 2008, 06:08 AM
Last year's thread you newbs.

https://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showt...&#entry10748752

Canadia: "Desi's always stick together. "

I'm sorry but I disagree 100%. You see Desis separate into India, Pakisktan, Bangladesh. You see Indians separate into 50 different sub cultures and languages, and socities based on religion. Its the same F&*King gene pool and race but their is so much division and hatred. Among Pakistanis, If you speak Punjabi then you are considered a superior subculture. Bunch of Hypocrites.

As you can tell I consider myself an American 1st.
I was just talking about it on a grass roots level, not on the international political scene. If another Desi in my community was in need of my help (no matter what religion or background), I would go that extra step that I may not for someone else . You can't forget where you or your parents came from. Not everyone was spoonfed in America.

And about division, you see that in every race. ie. Caucasian Catholics vs. Caucasian Protestants

P.S. Don't think I am a "can't let go of India" type of guy. I was born and raised in Canada. Also, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, I just find it frustrating when people want to separate themselves from who they are.
Old 09-04-2008, 12:09 PM

Originally Posted by ZSAK,Sep 4 2008, 01:25 PM
haha i agree canadia. Lol my brother is going through it now, Thank god I am done with that process. BTW if anyone is looking for a wife, good luck lol.
Why can't Indians find spouses in normal places....like bars and at work?

I found my wife at a bar (both times...in college and later in life). She and I are now coming up on our second kid.

Here I am:
http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=605078412
Old 09-04-2008, 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by Canadia,Sep 4 2008, 01:41 PM
I was just talking about it on a grass roots level, not on the international political scene. If another Desi in my community was in need of my help (no matter what religion or background), I would go that extra step that I may not for someone else . You can't forget where you or your parents came from. Not everyone was spoonfed in America.

And about division, you see that in every race. ie. Caucasian Catholics vs. Caucasian Protestants

P.S. Don't think I am a "can't let go of India" type of guy. I was born and raised in Canada. Also, I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, I just find it frustrating when people want to separate themselves from who they are.
I completely understand where you're coming from. I'm the same way....the only exception I have of who I wouldn't help if he needed it would be the "Bobby Jindal" types.
Old 09-04-2008, 01:11 PM

Add me to

Ray from OC
Old 09-04-2008, 01:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MDXLuvr,Sep 4 2008, 10:08 AM
I'm sorry but I disagree 100%. You see Desis separate into India, Pakisktan, Bangladesh. You see Indians separate into 50 different sub cultures and languages, and socities based on religion. Its the same F&*King gene pool and race but their is so much division and hatred. Among Pakistanis, If you speak Punjabi then you are considered a superior subculture. Bunch of Hypocrites.

As you can tell I consider myself an American 1st.
try being desi BUT your family was displaced 3 generations ago to Guyana...where they were taken by the British as workers. we get no love from our "fellow" desis
Old 09-04-2008, 01:40 PM

Desi over herre!!

Quick Reply: The Official "Desi" Thread