Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

outlook express problem

Old 05-13-2004, 10:37 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default outlook express problem

i'm having problems sending emails with outlook express, although i can receive emails fine. this problem started last night. each time i try to send an email, i get this error message:

"The message could not be sent because the server rejected the sender's e-mail address. The sender's e-mail address was 'el811@pacbell.net'. Subject 'testing', Account: 'el811@pacbell.net', Server: 'mail.pacbell.net', Protocol: SMTP, Server Response: '421 4.0.0 mail rejected for 64.163.212.62 - server busy', Port: 25, Secure(SSL): No, Server Error: 421, Error Number: 0x800CCC78"

anyone have any idea what the problem may be?? i tried sending email using my hotmail account via outlook express, and it's the same thing.
Old 05-14-2004, 03:49 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The server you designated for sending mail is rejecting your mail. Check your account settings, and verify that it is the correct server, maybe call your ISP to verify. The mail.pacbell.net server might not be the correct name - either they changed their server name, or they are having issues with it. Your Hotmail account should be used to send emails from your Hotmail address.
Old 05-14-2004, 06:21 AM

okay, i tried emailing from another computer, and everything works fine. i've also noticed that with the affected computer, i can't even log onto hotmail via internet explorer. i'm desperately in need of advice. i just formatted and reinstalled everything last month because of some virus or worm i got infected from clicking on a link from this forum, so i really don't want to have to go through the whole ordeal again.
Old 05-14-2004, 07:59 AM

Check your outbox in OE and see if there is a pending message that's waiting to get out. If there is and you do not need it, delete it and try again.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:54 AM

Received 766 Likes on 457 Posts

Do you have a firewall like ZoneAlarm or some junk like that?
Old 05-15-2004, 12:14 AM

You still having a problem man?
Old 05-15-2004, 02:10 AM

Originally posted by yogi
You still having a problem man?

my pacbell account seems to be working today, although i'm still have probs with hotmail. when i log on via hotmail's site, i get this message:

"The .NET Passport service is currently unavailable at this Web site for one of these reasons:

Old 05-15-2004, 02:14 AM

Originally posted by TepEvan
Do you have a firewall like ZoneAlarm or some junk like that?

i'm only using the built-in firewall in win xp pro. i've really haven't done nothing new in terms of my computer and firewall, although i do occasionally turn my firewall on/off whenever i need to run an ftp server on the affected puter to transfer files within my own network. the ftp server is not public so no one on the outside has access to it.