Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Problem with internet purchase

Old 12-03-2003, 04:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Problem with internet purchase

So, i ordered a set of wheels for my accord from this company back in July of this year. yeah, a frickin' long time ago. To make a really long story short, they goofed on the shipping address and sent it to my Email address...how people got so dumb, i don't know. so they got returned to the sender, who promptly sent them back out, still with a wrong address, they got bounced back, and finally i received two of them; the other two were apparently damaged in transit, and were reported to be returned to the company. I've called many times and now they've taken to just hanging up on me, and they've never returned phone calls. since I've received two wheels, and already got tires, i want the other two, but they claim that they are waiting on UPS to fill their claim request for shipping insurance. however, UPS has no record of any claims filed by the company at all, even when i reported to UPS the claim number the company had given me...it was false. I'm fed up trying to be nice and patient, and i want to know what my legal options are. anyone with experiences like this? I see it in 3 ways, first, they can send me my wheels and then take up the claim with UPS leaving me out (they insist that they can't do that until UPS pays them, which they've made no effort to do). second, I can return the wheels to them and demand a full refund. (risky, because what happens if they don't take any action to do the right thing?) and third, I can sue, but i don't know what i would sue them over. it's interstate, too. any suggestions? this is such a pain... bad business isn't something that should exist anywhere, but seems to pervade the car performance marketplace. i wonder if i should just swallow my loss (about 550, just a cheap set for a cheap car) and learn my lesson. any help or comments would be greatly appreciated.

Quick2K