Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Supra TT vs. S2000

Old 01-03-2001, 10:42 AM
ST

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I used to have two Supra TT's...a 93' I moded up to around 500hp and a pristine 97' which stayed relatively mild at only 400hp. I have to say, these cars are built like a tank and performance on them is almost unmatched by anything else out there on the street...stip or the course otherwise.

But, after getting my S2K recently, the Supra lacks the finesse and agility that makes my Stook so fun and exciting to drive. The Supra doesn't have that razor sharp steering and handling. Instead it has pure brute force. Whereas you would control and guide a Stook, you sort of point and hold on a Supra. Quite a difference in feeling.

Don't get me wrong though, the SUpra would easily trounce a Stook, moded or otherwise. I'd love to have both in my garage...the Stook as a daily driver, and a Supra as a weekend car to really kick arse.

Now...if I got my old Supra back again in teh same pristine condition (see pic below)..i dunno

Originally posted by Jon Corbett:
If you didn't have an S2000, would you take a 97 Supra Twin Turbo?
Old 01-03-2001, 03:40 PM

love that blue color. I wish u can get blue for the S in the states.
Old 01-03-2001, 05:19 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ST:
[B]I used to have two Supra TT's...a 93' I moded up to around 500hp and a pristine 97' which stayed relatively mild at only 400hp. I have to say, these cars are built like a tank and performance on them is almost unmatched by anything else out there on the street...stip or the course otherwise.

But, after getting my S2K recently, the Supra lacks the finesse and agility that makes my Stook so fun and exciting to drive. The Supra doesn't have that razor sharp steering and handling. Instead it has pure brute force. Whereas you would control and guide a Stook, you sort of point and hold on a Supra. Quite a difference in feeling.

Don't get me wrong though, the SUpra would easily trounce a Stook, moded or otherwise. I'd love to have both in my garage...the Stook as a daily driver, and a Supra as a weekend car to really kick arse.

Now...if I got my old Supra back again in teh same pristine condition (see pic below)..i dunno

Old 01-03-2001, 05:20 PM

If you didn't have an S2000, would you take a 97 Supra Twin Turbo?
In a flash!!!Supra TT is a bad ass car!!!IMO, it looks pretty cool too (well with different rear spoiler)
Old 01-03-2001, 05:28 PM

So pretty much all of you like the TT better, so why'd you get an S2000?
Old 01-03-2001, 05:33 PM

Did you even read the original thread?
Old 01-03-2001, 05:37 PM
ST

Why'd I'd get a S2K over a Supra (having loved and owned two already)?

1) I want something NEW, and with HID's (eliminated A LOT OF CARS). I will only accept Toyco Certified cars as comparable, but those are very difficult to find.

2) I only want 1 color on my Supra...the Royal Sapphire Pearl you see above. Impossible to find. Heck, even finding a good condition Supra TT is very difficult, especially if you want the better (subjective) 97' + in 6-speed configurations.

3) These vehicles are two different beasts. The Stook a veritble rice-rocket, while the Supra a supreme grand touring sports car. I had Supras already, and wanted to see what the Dark Side (ie Honduh) had to offer

4) I stopped all out dragging and doing road racing, and wanted a daily driver that offered thrills everytime i drove (outside of the track).

Old 01-04-2001, 09:35 AM

[/b][/QUOTE]
What a nice car..! Supra TT has been my all time favorite sports car, but I ended up getting a NSX because I couldn't find a mint Supra in my area.
I offer my condolences! After reading the above, it is clear you suffered a terrible misfortune. Imagine, having to "settle" for a mere NSX rather than a Toyota Supra.
While the Supra TT offered "good bang for the buck" it is the antithesis of cars such as the NSX/S-2000. And yes, the TT can be easily and cheaply modified for more HP. I attempted such a conversion by incorporating every performance modification offered by HKS and Millen into my 1991 300 ZX TT. The resulting car was fast (but, then again, so was my 1966 Dodge 426 Max Wedge with MT "street slicks")but inadequate and unfulfilling in so many ways when compared to my NSXs, 911 Turbos, Lotus S4S or Ferraris. One cannot make a "silk purse from a sow's ear".
Old 01-04-2001, 10:02 AM

The Supra TT IMO is an excellent choice, for a Grand Touring car. Much the same as the 300ZX TT. But they aren't true "sports" cars by definition, they are too plush and fat. The 3rd gen RX-7 without all the problems has my vote...even over a stook, but I like the Honda reliability.
Old 01-04-2001, 10:24 AM

[/b][/QUOTE]
What a nice car..! Supra TT has been my all time favorite sports car, but I ended up getting a NSX because I couldn't find a mint Supra in my area.
I offer my condolences! Imagine having to suffer the misfortune of "settling" for an NSX rather than a Toyota Supra. What misery!
I take nothing away from the Supra TT. It is a fine car that can be easily and cheaply modified for prodigious HP. However, the same can be said of the Camaro/Firebird. Further, after incorporating every HKS and Millen performance upgrade into my 1991 300 ZX TT, the resulting car was brutally fast but unfulfilling and disappointing. As an overall package, it simply could not compare to my NSXs, Porsche 911 Turbos, Lotus S4S or Ferraris. One cannot make " a silk purse from a sow's ear".

Quick Reply: Supra TT vs. S2000