Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Swiss-made Rolex replicas

Old 04-26-2006, 11:28 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Swiss-made Rolex replicas

I am looking for a new watch and I stumbled across a few sites selling Swiss-made Rolex replicas. Sites like goreplicas.com, anyswisswatch.com, etc. sell what look like very well built replicas with Swiss automatic movement, sapphire crystals, correct markings, etc. for about $750-$1300. I know we have a fair amount of watch aficianados on s2ki and I was just wondering what people's opinions of these things were. I beat up my watches pretty quickly, so I don't know how I feel about spending $7,000 on a timepiece that would be all scratched up within a few months. I just want an attractive watch with automatic movement that I can wear everyday and not worry about how much every little scratch is costing me.

I'm still leaning toward getting a genuine new Rolex, but I just wanted to know what people thought of these things.

No flames please- I'm not trying to look like a "baller" or anything- I would probably end up getting a submariner or a GMT master anyway.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:35 AM

For the money that you're thinking of spending, you can afford a REAL Omega or Breitling.
Old 04-26-2006, 11:38 AM

Originally Posted by Dunk'sDad,Apr 26 2006, 02:35 PM
For the money that you're thinking of spending, you can afford a REAL Omega or Breitling.
I like Breitlings, but I have little womanish wrists and they look pretty funny on me.
Old 04-26-2006, 03:17 PM

I agree...Omega is made as well as or better than Rolex and keeps MUCH better time. However I do have two rolexes and they are nearly impossible to beat up...I wear my Submariner when I go work out and it's indestructable. You can find a nice used one for about $1,200-1,500 and it will probably never fall below that price. I also have a stainless steel Daytona which I waited almost 4 years for and I wear it whenever I'm going out. I have an Omega Yachtmaster and a nice Movado for day to day wear and Movado makes a really nice watch as well.

I like Breitlings, but I have little womanish wrists and they look pretty funny on me.
I have very small wrists as well...that's one of the reasons I like the Movado, it's the smallest of the bunch. Both Rolex are quite bulky and took a minute to get use to that much weight hanging on your wrist.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:57 PM

if you have a tourneau shop in your area, i'd recommend looking into getting a used watch under warranty.
Old 04-26-2006, 06:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your going to spend that much on a replica, albeit Swiss made, I would throw out the extra cash for the real deal. That goes for most items for me anyways.
Old 04-27-2006, 04:28 AM

You can pick up some awesome watches at these sites:

http://forums.timezone.com/index.php?t=thr...frm_id=32&rid=0

http://www.watchnet.com/forums/tradingpst/forum.pl

You'll find a nice Rolex sub in mint condition for around $4k - see http://www.watchnet.com/forums/tradingpst/....pl?read=250353

You can find a good used Rolex for around $1200 and up, which would be way better than buying a fake. There are also plenty of legitimate Rolex look-alikes that are made by reputable manufacturers, such as this one for $195 - http://www.watchnet.com/forums/tradingpst/....pl?read=250379

There's a lot out there to choose from.

I like these Seikos too: http://www.watchnet.com/forums/tradingpst/....pl?read=250378

Old 04-27-2006, 04:31 AM
mav

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I would never buy a replica of anything. I don't care if its Swiss made or where its made. A fake is a fake, period.

And IMO Rolex isn't all that. I think Rolex is way overpriced and over-rated.

For the money you're looking to spend, you can buy an used Omega and get yourself a better watch.
Old 04-27-2006, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by mav,Apr 27 2006, 08:31 AM
For the money you're looking to spend, you can buy an used Omega and get yourself a better watch.
A Seamaster or Speedmaster would fit right in your price range. I say get one of them instead of the 'folex.'
Old 04-27-2006, 07:23 AM

I have a real GMT master, have had it for about 20 years. I am sure I can sell it for more than what I paid for it. But I also have a selection of replicas...Tag Kirium, Rolex YAcht Master, Rolex Daytona, I wear them all. The fakes actually keep beter time than my real one. If anyone is interested I will sell any of my replicas for $250 each. Let me know if you want pics.
Thanks
mg

Quick Reply: Swiss-made Rolex replicas