Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Toyota Problems

Old 07-13-2010, 04:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Toyota Problems

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100713/ap_on_...s_toyota_recall

"The Department of Transportation has analyzed dozens of black boxes in Toyota vehicles involved in accidents blamed on unintended acceleration, finding the throttles were open and the brakes were not engaged, the Wall Street Journal reported Tuesday"

lots of people who dont know how to drive blaming toyota for their problems. Not to say that toyota didnt fail in the first place...but the shtstorm that came after their admittance was ridiculous.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:32 PM
VAD

Too little, too late. The damage is done and Toyota's cash has been drained. You'll never hear an apology from any of the talking empty-heads who blew the whole ordeal out of proportion in the first place and caused actual panic among a lot of Toyota owners. I still think the asshole in California who lied about his Prius malfunctioning should have been charged with slander. And the buffoons in DC who grilled Toyota's execs all need to go out and get productive jobs.
Old 07-13-2010, 04:53 PM

Yep.. just like the whole audi fiasco. Toyta is also to blame for not having all the failsafes/checking out the initial reports & quickly fixing the mats/sticky pedals...

but media for the loss on this one, I think.
Old 07-13-2010, 05:03 PM

Location: All up in your inner tubes. Whatcha gonna do sucka?

weird, for a second there, I thought I was in politics or car talk....
Old 07-13-2010, 05:36 PM

OK, if we are willing to accept that an entirely electronic throttle system can malfunction, why would we draw the line concerning "black box" data recording systems?

Conversely, if one believes electronic systems are infallible, I have some swamp land in Florida to sell you. You're guaranteed to profit! Your own computer is saying so!
Old 07-13-2010, 06:17 PM

saw an article on this earlier today. if it really was just a case of people mashing down the accelerator on accident instead of the brakes, shouldn't we see equal rates of these cases across the board for all vehicles? maybe they are, i don't have any of the numbers. seems strange though...
Old 07-13-2010, 11:19 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In the end, Toyota is bouncing back very quickly and is profitable during the last couple quarter earnings.
Old 07-13-2010, 11:31 PM

Originally Posted by rustywave,Jul 13 2010, 04:17 PM
saw an article on this earlier today. if it really was just a case of people mashing down the accelerator on accident instead of the brakes, shouldn't we see equal rates of these cases across the board for all vehicles? maybe they are, i don't have any of the numbers. seems strange though...
If I were a betting man, I'd bet the mats + sticky pedals caused a few accidents...and the media blew it out of proportion
Old 07-14-2010, 12:34 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Everyone was looking for someone else to hate besides the government given our current political and economic climate. Toyota was just the easy target.
Old 07-14-2010, 05:51 AM

Originally Posted by VAD,Jul 13 2010, 04:32 PM
Too little, too late. The damage is done and Toyota's cash has been drained. You'll never hear an apology from any of the talking empty-heads who blew the whole ordeal out of proportion in the first place and caused actual panic among a lot of Toyota owners. I still think the asshole in California who lied about his Prius malfunctioning should have been charged with slander. And the buffoons in DC who grilled Toyota's execs all need to go out and get productive jobs.
I want that prius guy and all the assholes that made this into a media frenzy to win the darwin award. I buy/sell cars locally in Florida and all of the Manheim and other auctions in U.S. outright banned toyota sales (not just effected cars, all toyotas new and old). Right before that ban, we bought a 2010 toyota that was not under the recalls .

P.s. had no problem selling it but the chaos was ridiculous.

Quick Reply: Toyota Problems