Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Trendy HairCuts

Old 10-26-2004, 10:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Trendy HairCuts

//begin rant

Okay this isn't a thread about the "Rachel" cut, although that was a classic time in americana... seriously Jennifer Aniston looked okay with that haircut, it wasn't her hair though it was her face, her body and mostly her beautiful beautiful breasts. What makes a 5'4" 240 pound girl think that a hair cut is going to turn them into some kind of hollywood starlet (rude I know, but it hurts me more than it hurts you).

So now there is a new haircut that, THANK GOD, is on its way out, or so I hope. I don't know what its called but I call it "the Long Island Douchebag cut." No offense to all you long islanders out there, if the majority of people I met who had this haircut lived in Buffalo I would call it "the Buffalo douchebag cut" but that is not the case.

Seriously, when did men start spending more time in the bathroom than women. My grandfather always said, although I cant say he said it first, "you should never look better than the girl your with"

Seriously... this looks good?

and another for those in the cheap seats...

I call out the Gotti clan because they seem to wear it the "hardest." I mean if you enter a room with them I am pretty sure you can actually watch as the ozone layer depletes above them.

I saw another cut that seems to be spreading like wild fire throughout new york. Its, as I like to call it the "I am on strike against Head & Shoulders look" or the "I want my hair to look like I have not washed it in 3 weeks look" Long Island kids rejoice, you seem to be smart enough to not have this hair.

I present the "I didnt have the time to do my hair, although I started doing it 40 mins ago look"

I don't really want to rail on the Strokes since I like their music somewhat, but I will because they are famous and in my book are asking for it. I call this constructive criticism. Look fellas, I know you like this "Euro Trash" look but get over it, you have a record contract and as we all know there are certain perks that come along with record contracts, like stylists.
Seriously people, don't think that these guys escape the wrath of the multimillion-dollar-best-for-the-company-you-started-with-a-look-now-you-must-keep-it corporate newsletter. They looked like trash on their first album, they looked like trash in their first few videos, now it is up to the record company to keep them looking like trash so that their fans will be able to "relate to them."
So now the record company pays some guy or girl entirely too much money to make sure these guys look like they just got out of bed at the photo shoot that takes place at 5 o'clock.

I have 2 close friends that have each of these hairstyles. I love taking pictures of them together so that in 10 years I can show them how stupid they looked. Seriously, and I kid you not, it takes the one with the "shampoo is too corporate america look" longer to do his hair than the other. Me I throw on a hat and go out drinking just the same as them, get home the same time as them and don't have to worry about acne since my pillow is not covered in enough oils to run a Hummer from here to kansas.

//end rant
Old 10-26-2004, 11:58 AM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

To defend long islanders....

Thats a dumb guido look, with a gallon of gel and mousse. Also, loser clubber guys do this.

The guys with the "i dont care hair" should be shot......twice.
Old 10-26-2004, 12:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

How about posting a pic. of your haircut? I wanna know what a good haircut looks like
Old 10-26-2004, 01:15 PM

I just saw the best haircut ever. It was a new-age type mullet.

The top of dude's hair was curly and permed. The back mullet piece was creeping out of the curls as straight as a laser. Poofy curls on top and straight out the back. I was laughing too hard to get a clear picture.
Old 10-26-2004, 01:27 PM

You just can go wrong with a mullet these days
Short-Long
10-90
Kentucky-Waterfall
Business-Party
Whatever you choose to call it....
Old 10-26-2004, 02:08 PM

I call the mullet the "Canadian Passport" or the "Hockey Contract"

As for my hair cut, its a #1 or #2 on the sides, and take some off the top.
Pretty much simple and plain. Lately I have been getting it cut shorter so I don't even have to do it. I wake up and it looks the same as it would if I spent an hour on it. However if I am going to a wedding I let it grow out a bit and do put gel in it and make it look more "professional" (sometimes without it like this, I have random hairs sticking out all over the place). Am I a hypocrite for using gel and making fun of these guys.... no. But I am a hypocrite for other opinions I hold.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:32 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Such a strange thing to get worked up about.

I am such a lazy piece of shit that I literally never brush my hair, never put anything in it and only rarely manage to get it cut.
Old 10-26-2004, 02:55 PM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Question

Originally Posted by steve c,Oct 26 2004, 02:32 PM
I am such a lazy piece of shit that I literally never brush my hair.
and this is the reason I went with the shaved head, tired of having to worry about what kind of hair day I was going to have, plus old age is starting to set in
Old 10-26-2004, 03:58 PM
dut

- thats a trend with asians.. been going on for a couple years..
- no more split down the middle...
Old 10-26-2004, 06:29 PM

Originally Posted by ninethreeeleven,Oct 26 2004, 10:23 AM

Seriously... this looks good?

and another for those in the cheap seats...

Who are these fcuking fruits?? They are famous how??

I feel like running them over with a garbage truck!

Quick Reply: Trendy HairCuts