Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

UNBELIVABLE: my story at the BORDERS going to HIN.

Old 06-29-2003, 12:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default UNBELIVABLE: my story at the BORDERS going to HIN.

I'm going to tell you my story which is a bit scary... I have never I mean never in my life leaved something so scary or so humiliating. I would like to thank g-s2k(glen) for all his support and help when i was STUCK at the borders... without knowing you you are defently in my best buddy list.. thank you again, evertime i talked to you you gave me hope....

This is the story:

My g/F and I packed our stuff and left at noon for Boston, all exicited and all. I go to the US once a month atleast because I am a computer consultant for IBM, and my job makes me traval alot but this was the first time i took my baby, the S2000.

I arrive at the border and the nightmare starts. He asked me:

where you going?
I said HIN in Boston and I show him all the papers.
Can i see identification:
I show him my passport ( just to let you know I am Iranien and born in Iran but arrived here when i was 3 months old, i have never been back).
Then he tells me park your car over there and come in.

At that point everything was ok, sicne they usually do that, because i m iranien. Then make a hugh checkup and stuff.

I come in and then it starts. Starts asking question about where i m going again and why and what is car show. Then he asked me what is so special about your car...baklbalbalablab.

He says i dont by it, what is the reason your going to the US.

I show him all the papers about registration and stuff and he doesnt believe it. Then a officer go out to check my car, and they pull everything out of it, and find nothing (luggage).

Now they start asking my g/F question about drugs and if she takes some, and if we sell some and bull shit like that.

Of course we tell him no, then he asked so how do you pay for your car? (I'm 25 for does of you who dont know) I say i work and i am a computer consultant.

Then he starts by asking how much i make and how many hours and where.. then he goes on to my father how much does he make blwbqlbqlqbqlbqlbqalanlan.

This is when i started to stress like crazy. The he looks at me and tells me to bring my car in the garage. Oh my god!!!!!!!!

Once in a officer brings in a dog, and starts searching for drugs in my car... I tell them listen it's a s2000, in my trunk i have a hugh ICE install now, which i wanted to luch and HIN ( it's all carbon fiber, it's so sweet i m going to post some new pics later). He says he doesnt care and tells me to open the hood becuase they think i have drugs in the hood...

I'm like oh my god. I call my dad right away and tell he about what is going on, he call his lawyer and decides to come down. All this and now it's 5:30 pm (5 hours later) this is when i called you glen.

Now you think this is bad...... They TOOK MY CAR APART.. do you know why, because they said i changed the hole front end on a 2003 car so they taught i hide drugs in my fenders or bumper or whatever. When my dad arrived it was 2 hours later and the car was in pieces. no more front end, no more wheels, pull out my hole sound system install, pull out my seats, my dash.... anything you can imagine.

People you dont understand, this is so ridicilous. Because I'm 25 iranien with a s2000 makes me a criminal??? I was just comming down to a show to show you all the carbon fiber project and show you it is real...

now they wanted to seize my car. Well thank god my dad arrived with his laywer and he was able to get my car back. We had to tow the car back to the dealer, and my issurance is going to cover the damages, but what about my nightmare????

I have never been so humilitated in my life, so brought down to dirt, and finnaly they found nothing, i mean nothing, they just destroyed a little boy vacation... After 8 hours of being at the border i came back on a tow trunk and you know what they told me before i left, they said your lucky we didnt seize you car. Well as for now I am going to sue all there asses one by one and get the last laught.

I am sorry for not making it to HIN but i tyred. Hopefully next time i come and yes they will be a next time i will be able to meet all of you, especialy you g-s2k for your support i owe you so much.

All the parts of my boddy are shaking while I'm typing this thread, this story is going to hunt me for the rest of my days. I have not got any slep since this story i am in total shock.

All my life worked i worked hard to be succesful and i finished my bacc. in microelectronics at age 22 and now at 25 i am able to pay myself a nice car and finally to get the dream destroyed but some jealous hypocrite morons.

So this is it.....
Old 06-29-2003, 01:08 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow, that is so wrong!
i am so sorry to hear that, and i'm too angry about your car,
because i know you worked so hard on it!

similar thing happened to me once,
when i coming back from korea after my summer vacation during my high school days,

even though the flight was from korea,
for some reason there was a lot of chinese people on the plane that day,

and when i landed,
i see a lot of those chinese people being "taken away" to this small room,
i was wondering why,
then when it was my turn to go through the customs,
they kept yelling at me for being one of them,
saying i'm not korean, (hello?! i had korean passport!)
would not believe what i had to say,
and ended up taking me to that "small room" too.

then they asked me those stupid ridiculous questions,
and after 3 hours, finally yells, "aiite, boy! you have 7 days in the u. s.!
7 days, boy! lucky we did not kick you out, boy!"

i was so mad, and humiliated.

i understand your anger, those u. s. customs people can be real ass- hairs.
i hope you feel better soon, and every damage and troubles will get resolved soon.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:08 PM

We welcome the tired, the poor, the hungry....
But then again...
I am very sorry for this. Glad you got out of it at all. Welcome to the good 'ol redneck, paranoid, USA!

And don't for a minute just believe they were "just doing their job". Absolute power corrupts absolutely.
Old 06-29-2003, 01:10 PM

Man, I am so sorry, I would be infuriated. The sad thing is there is nothing you can do about it. They can explain abou the terrorist threat coming for July 4th and that they are just trying to protect the US blah blah blah. I would definaltely have been pissed and well try to sue them for everything I can get. That is just so wrong.

Its good to hear that your insurance will cover it and put it back together. Did the dog or them do any damages to your car? I would definately make them replace anything that may be scratched (C/F parts) and all. It is BS if you have to pay a deductable too!!! Did you have to pay for the tow? That is just sad.....
Old 06-29-2003, 01:13 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

oh, and i'm sorry you missed hin... you car surely could have kicked ass.

i was really looking forward to see you and say hi in person,
i drove down there with my friend's suzuki esteem (suits the name. )... haha.
after being all bitch and nervous to you about my part
(you know my story) i wanted to at least offer you a drink or something...

may be next time, babak, may be next time...
perhaps in sept, import expression...
Old 06-29-2003, 01:48 PM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by MR2 Quik
[B]Man, I am so sorry, I would be infuriated.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:26 PM

I've known them to dismantle airplanes. Of course they hire a licensed mechanic to do it, at your expense of course.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:30 PM

Omfg!!! If they would do it to me (if I had s2k... ehh) here (Lithuania, Russia) I would sue them immidiatly and definitly win a process. It`s BS. What kind of "educated" lawyers do you have there?
Old 06-29-2003, 02:33 PM

hey im persian too and thats just f*cked up. im glad that crap never happened to me(knock on wood). can't you sue them for falsely accussing you of drug harboring or whatever? i would look into that, they were waaaaay off-base on that one.
Old 06-29-2003, 02:37 PM

Received 1,057 Likes on 540 Posts

Wow that really sucks I know I was stopped coming back into the US by the Canadian Customs...we were fishing...they put us in a room with a guard and then completely went thru our motorhome and our boat...pulled stuff apart ...it was incredible took almost 7 hours...sitting in a little room...

I couldn't believe the power that they have to do that...and they should be the ones paying to repair the damage...(they didn't pay for ours either......)

like you they found nothing they were professional assholes payed to be that way

and by the way, I'm blonde haired green eyed n all that stuff....

I'm sorry you had trouble and I wish someone would teach them to use a little more respect when they're attempting to do their job...and when they screw it up...they should be held accountable...

fltsfshr

Quick Reply: UNBELIVABLE: my story at the BORDERS going to HIN.