Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

Very Sad News - Be Careful Everyone

Old 05-03-2001, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just found out yesterday that one of my neighbors died in a car accident. There were two boys in that family, one 19 and 17. The 19 year-old just graduated from high school last year, and as a present, his parents bought him a 300zx TT. Well, him and a group of friends were driving down south somewhere on a two way highway, one lane going each way. He had three passengers in the Z, while another car was leading in the front. They came upon a semi, and during a sweeping turn, the prelude decided to overtake the semi on the other lane. The Z followed. The prelude was able to swerve back into the other lane to avoid the oncoming car, but the Z had no chance. The 19 year-old died in the hospital from massive internal injuries, and bleeding. One 16 year-old girl is in a coma, the other two are still in critical condition. The driver of the other is also in critical condition. The younger brother was in the other car, and is totally devastated, as is the mom and dad. He had his whole life ahead of him, and he had just entered the world. I basically watched these guys grow up, they spent countless hours in their garage fixing up their cars, starting with their CRX, and then the 300zx. Its hard to believe that he's gone, and it still is this morning as I write this post. I would not be able to handle it I was a parent and I had to watch one of my kids go before me, must be the saddest thing in the world for anyone to go through.

Granted, he pulled an immature stunt, and did something extremely dangerous, he did not deserve to die. It can happen to anyone at any time, so please be careful everyone. You may be risking your own life, but there are people out there that love you, don't put them through what his family is going through right now.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:31 AM

My condolences Huyto.

I'm very sorry.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:36 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My condolences go out to that family. Truly horrible news
Old 05-03-2001, 09:44 AM
Tox

As the father of a 17-year-old, that makes me shudder. It's every parent's nightmare, and it happens way too often. My heart goes out to his family.
Old 05-03-2001, 09:48 AM

My condolences as well. That is so sad.
Old 05-03-2001, 11:07 AM

Granted, he pulled an immature stunt, and did something extremely dangerous, he did not deserve to die. It can happen to anyone at any time, so please be careful everyone. You may be risking your own life, but there are people out there that love you, don't put them through what his family is going through right now.
Sorry to hear Huyto. Unfortunately we all have to pay the price if we choose to do something so blatently dangerous. I cannot help but to think not only what your neighbors are going through, but also the families of the other children involved. It's one thing to drive recklessly by yourself, but when you're responsible for the safety of others, actions like that are uncalled for.

Drive safe people... know your limits, your vehicle's limits and always take the safety of others into consideration.

[Edited by loki on 05-03-2001 at 12:40 PM]
Old 05-03-2001, 11:24 AM

Received 68 Likes on 47 Posts

THis story makes me cringe and wonder how I got through puberty alive?!!

I did used to pull silly antics like that when I was younger, and never even considered that I may be paying the ultimate price.

Please tell your neighbors of our sorrow for their loss, I feel for them.

Urmil