Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

What idiots!

Old 12-24-2000, 01:14 PM
Administrator

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

R&T sez the S2K can do 0-60 in 4.9s. Just a tidbit to concider when looking at the quality of information.
Old 12-24-2000, 07:24 PM

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally posted by wirejock:
I think both cars would preform well with a qualified driver, but who wants a car that needs so much maintenance. The doors sag and the hinges have to be tightened or replaced. The seals tend to leak. The paint fades. Shall I go on...
Ok, where do you get these great tidbits of information?? My roommate, Mystic_350 as he is known on these boards, owns a 1997 Camaro Z28 (LT1 Engine, and it's not stock) that would blow the doors off any S here (only exception, MAYBE the Body Werks yellow S), and the paint looks as nice or better then a lot of our cars here also. And his car is FOUR years old.

So please stop with this crap that all American cars are crap. His doors do not sag, he does not need to tighten his hinges, and his paint is pretty close to immaculate. There is no need to rip others, to make yourself feel better about YOUR car!!! People complain that they do not visit or participate in these boards as much because of all the BS that goes on. I am one of them, and I know you don't care, but it gets real tiresome to read crap like the stuff you wrote when you probably don't know all that much about the other car in question or know of one case, so you make it the norm. The S is a great car, but so is the Camaro, and they are both great at what they are intended to do.

The S2000 can beat an LT1, but it won't be consistent, and depending on the exhaust the guy had, it probably came down to the drivers. You are probably the better driver. It's ashame he acted like an ass, but don't sit there thinking you are king of the hill and can beat all LT1s you come across, you probably won't. Especially starting from a dead stop. I have raced my roommate a couple of times (when it was close to stock), I have yet to win!! I usually stay about a car length or so behind. And they were all at speed, say 30 to 60, and I was getting her in the right gear, and shifting at 9K.

And a LS1 SS will beat us everytime, 8 lengths at speed, I doubt it, but 4 lengths, definitely.

ERIK

Old 12-24-2000, 07:34 PM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Meow...
Old 12-24-2000, 07:56 PM

As usual,
Old 12-24-2000, 07:58 PM
Banned

Thank you for sharing, Erik...

Just so you know, I didn't even venture over to read about the SS's guys saying the did whatever they did to the S2000. It's just a big pissing contest...and speaking for myself
I couldn't care less. No offense to anyone here who thinks that these things matter...it's just not something I find very interesting. But if it floats your boat, go for it! I personally can't imagine getting that worked up over something like that, but I could be weird...I've been called worse!

Old 12-24-2000, 08:52 PM
Community Organizer

Received 96 Likes on 78 Posts

Originally posted by Sev:
I wouldn't give much credit to ANYTHING road & track does.

They seem to doctor numbers so the resluts come out the way they want them to.
We all watched them "Doctor" the numbers when they rated the Boxter, S2000, Z3. The S2000 scored Over and Above all the rest except for the interior asthetics.(such as leather and carpet quality) Though interestingly enough the Boxter took first place!! Now that is what I call Docotoring the numbers.

Yea and a skid pad number dont mean that much! How quick is it to react to your input and carry its speed through the turn.

Plus how any liters is that SS? 5.~ what! And they can only get how much power outta that?!

Old 12-25-2000, 05:33 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm sure the Camaro is a "great" car, especially since you can pick one up after a couple of years for less than half of what it cost new. Try that with a stook!
Old 12-25-2000, 08:23 AM

I don't care when someone says they beat this or that. It's when people trash other cars when they don't really know what they are talking about. I could care less if they hate the S because it is a 4 banger, I just want them to have their facts straight. Same thing over here in the S2000 is the best car ever world. That's all I was trying to point out.

Also, supply and demand help in the value of a car.

ERIK
Old 12-25-2000, 12:49 PM
Banned

I understood what you were saying, Erik, I was just razzing you a bit. My only point is this: People have their ideas of what the 'other guy' is all about...correct or not, I just don't get all worked up by it. If there is something that is an obvious mis-statement of widely known fact, it may make sense to correct it. But as for opinions, no opinion is ever correct or incorrect. It's just an opinion.

When people get their panties in a wad over who beat who in some race that may or may not have happened...who gives a sheet?! It sounds like a problem with genitalia...and a lacking of it. I know your room mate, he's a decent guy...we have communicated a lot, not recently, but he seems like an open, honest guy who drives a Camaro. They do exist...!

Getting all wound up about something this trivial and well, meaningless, is a little silly, in my 37 inflation-adjusted lira (and God knows, lira need to be adjusted!)

So, sorry if you took offense to my meow...it was sarcasm that didn't work. Sorry...
Old 12-26-2000, 08:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by gregstevens:
[B]I know your room mate, he's a decent guy...we have communicated a lot, not recently, but he seems like an open, honest guy who drives a Camaro.

Quick Reply: What idiots!