Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.
View Poll Results: Since we're being all hypothetical and all..
Chainsaw
25.00%
Screwdriver (Philips)
3.33%
Nailgun
25.00%
Drill
1.67%
Hammer (a big one)
3.33%
Welder
10.00%
Speed Bench Grinder
0%
Sander
3.33%
Large Metal Pole
13.33%
15.00%
Voters: 60. You may not vote on this poll

What would you choose from Home Depot...

Old 10-12-2004, 06:42 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Large metal poles. I'm sure velociraptors like pole dancers too.
Old 10-12-2004, 06:54 PM
Former Moderator

Received 146 Likes on 117 Posts

chainsaw
Old 10-12-2004, 07:13 PM
Former Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can throw a few out right away. The grinder is heavy and you can't do much with it. The sander would probably just give it a good massage. So now how heavy is the pole? If it's to heavy to swing easily, then you have to either use the welder or nail gun. But the problem with both the welder and nail gun is you will eventually run out of propane or nails. You did specify it was velociraptors (plural). Now if you are thinking Chainsaw or Drill you need to have power, so you can run out of that as well. So this now leads you to the hand tools. Which would mean you need to get into real close proximity. Not a good idea since you'd probably get your head ripped off so fast you would have time for a second blow with either.

So the answer is? The Spam! Throw it in the middle let them fight each other for it and run like crazy. If you're a fat ass, oh well. If you are fast enough you might live another 10 mins or so.
Old 10-12-2004, 07:23 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i don't think home depot sells spam?!?? I would get a pressure washer and fill it with a highly flamable chemical like alcohole of acetone from the paint department. then I would light the mist comming out of the pressure washer filled w/ flamabel liquid. now i have a flame thrower!!!!
I win!!!
Old 10-12-2004, 09:13 PM

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts

Just set him loose IN the Home Depot....he wont be able to find any help to ask where you are or ANYTHING is to maul you
Old 10-12-2004, 09:21 PM
Former Moderator

I said as my first choice because if a velocaraptor was chasing you that's what you'd be. Nail gun as my second choice. Those things are powerfull.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:35 PM
Former Moderator

There is only one correct answer, so I will explain it....

WARNING :GEEK SUIT BEING PUT ON:

The correct answer is SPAM (although home depot doesnt have it.)

Here is why....a raptor is about 8.5 feel tall standing on hind legs. Arms are a good foot longer than yours. Meaning, it would reach your face with its 3 inch claws before you can even touch it....so.....

1)Screwdriver - too short, the raptor would rip your face off before you get to stab him, which wouldnt do much anyway.

2)Nailgun - again, nailguns dont fire unless they have pressure on the end, meaning you would need to press it against the raptor, and keep him steady...not likely to happen.

3)Drill - same as screwdriver....plus it would have to be cordless.

4)Chainsaw - while this sounds like a good tool, they are hard to manuever, and youll never get a good shot in panic mode.

5)Hammer - unless you throw it at the raptors head, and pray youll land a good shot, your sloppy joe.

6)Welder - even if you somehow got it lit, the distance again, is to short, and your face will be raptor fajitas in no time.

7)Bench grinder - good luck getting the raptor to it.

8) Sander - umm....no.

9)Metal pole - it would be cumbersome to handle, and the raptor will knock it out of your hands anyway.

10) Spam....the correct answer, out of all these, spam smells like food, thus you can throw it, and hope the raptor eats the spam, giving you time to run. Spam is definetely your best chances of survival.

:Note, this was done as a joke, so all you cool people can lay off the flames.:
Old 10-12-2004, 11:33 PM

Originally Posted by Russian,Oct 12 2004, 04:59 PM
Haha I like how you specified that the screwdriver was a philips, coz of course only an idiot would use a flathead in fending off a dinosaur.
i had to put some thought into it
Old 10-13-2004, 03:34 AM

I think the nail gun which can be fired with one hand while the other hand is busy doing... uh... other stuff.

Wait a second though...

are we fending of a velociraptor or The Raptor?

If it's The Raptor, the large metal pole would suffice.
Old 10-13-2004, 04:20 AM

Nail gun all the way. The new nail guns use a small butane cartridge to set off the explosion. I rented one at HD to build a new fence. Worked great.

Quick Reply: What would you choose from Home Depot...