Off-topic Talk Where overpaid, underworked S2000 owners waste the worst part of their days before the drive home. This forum is for general chit chat and discussions not covered by the other off-topic forums.

What's Up With Kobe???

Old 07-12-2003, 03:03 PM

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

well, let's cheer this thread up. GO LAKERS. WE GOT SHAQ, KOBE, THE MAILMAN, AND THE GLOVE ON OUR TEAM NOW!!
Old 07-12-2003, 03:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally posted by EvoVII
He will be found not guilty, there is a plea of innocent as his lawyer has stated, and there is no sufficient evidence to date... IF this allegation goes to court, it will be interesting to see what the plaintiff's lawyers will conjure up..
It's interesting that you already know how much evidence the prosecutor has even though all of the records thus far have been sealed at the judge's order. Neither you nor anybody else outside of the parties directly involved in this case know the details or merits of this case. I'm not saying Kobe is guilty, but it's funny how you're so sure of his innocence yet have nothing to back it up other than he seems nice, is married, and has a kid. Until we find out more details all we have is speculation.
Old 07-12-2003, 03:28 PM

He will be found not guilty, there is a plea of innocent as his lawyer has stated, and there is no sufficient evidence to date... IF this allegation goes to court, it will be interesting to see what the plaintiff's lawyers will conjure up..
http://msn.espn.go.com/nba/news/2003/0706/...artnersite=espn

"After concluding it had enough evidence for a felony sexual assault charge, the sheriff's office sought the arrest warrant directly from a judge. In Colorado, police and sheriff's deputies can arrest someone on suspicion of a crime but only the district attorney's office can file charges."

I remember eariler they stated they had physical evidence also.

But don't worry... it's Kobe... he won't face any jail time. He has enough money to be walking around like R. Kelly and many others.

His lawyer did state all of that... but they said that so people like you can believe it. He doesn't know what the DA and police have on Kobe. He is doing his job, using Kobe's "Clean" history so the case will be easier.

But Evo was there, so he knows what happend. I don't care if the girl had sex with Kobe and trying to get money off him... because right now she isn't trying to sue him for sexual harassment my friend... this is a felony. I am tired of people online posting that she was a hoe and gold digger. You don't even know who this girl is do you? You don't know what happend. Like you said, we will see in the end.
Old 07-12-2003, 07:40 PM

I never claimed I was there, I merely gave my observation from my perspective... We will eventually find out more to this case, and eventually a just verdict will be found.. IMO (And I can't stress this enough), he is innocent.. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, and just stated mine. As also stated in that lengthy ESPN news article, he is an easy target for this kind of thing to occur.. This incident should be behind Kobe (one way or another) in before the season starts... How can people disregard reputation and past history so easily?? Forget celebrities, someone with a squeaky clean record is probably less likely to commit a crime than a convicted felon, that's just the facts..
Old 07-12-2003, 07:58 PM

I never claimed I was there, I merely gave my observation from my perspective... We will eventually find out more to this case, and eventually a just verdict will be found.. IMO (And I can't stress this enough), he is innocent.. I think everyone is entitled to their opinion, and just stated mine. As also stated in that lengthy ESPN news article, he is an easy target for this kind of thing to occur.. This incident should be behind Kobe (one way or another) in before the season starts... How can people disregard reputation and past history so easily?? Forget celebrities, someone with a squeaky clean record is probably less likely to commit a crime than a convicted felon, that's just the facts..
My bad for attacking you so hard. I just get tired of seeing people talk about how good Kobe is, but they really don't even know Kobe Bryant except what the TV and Media protrays(sp?) him as.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:22 PM

I'm wondering what would happen to me if I was in his shoes, and WAS innocent.
Me thinks I would be run through the coals and left for dead.
I'm not one of those High Profile celebs that are always found innocent of everything no matter of guilt.
If he really and truly did it, I hope he is nailed to the stink wall. If he really and truly is innocent, I hope the biotch get the same.
Old 07-12-2003, 08:38 PM

What do most of you think when you see someone get arrested for sexual assault? You think he's guilty and feel bad for the victim. That's because the guy getting arrested isn't a multi-millionaire who makes sprite commercials. Kobe may be innocent and he may not be. I think it's sad that everybody who doesn't know crap about this situation is proclaiming his innocence which in effect is saying the victim is a liar. Imagine if he's not innocent and this poor girl is seeing everybody call her a liar in this time of great pain for her?

EvoVII, now you're saying IMO. Earlier you were stating he's innocent and that the prosecutors don't have any evidence against him and this is just the media trying to bring down a star. Isn't this the same media that you have relied on to present the image of Kobe that you have? Unless you know the guy personally, all we know of him is what the media has told us. So why are they believeable at times and not at others? Once again, the evidence in this case is sealed and none of know anything about it other than Kobe was arrested last week. I'm reserving judgment until the facts are presented and that's what the victim and the defendant deserve in this case.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:26 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by PlasticTHUG
[B]

My bad for attacking you so hard.
Old 07-12-2003, 09:35 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wickerbill
[B]What do most of you think when you see someone get arrested for sexual assault?
Old 07-12-2003, 09:42 PM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by wickerbill
[B]What do most of you think when you see someone get arrested for sexual assault?

Quick Reply: What's Up With Kobe???