Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

**Official non-staggered & meaty tires thread**

Old 12-27-2021, 07:51 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Kevinthenube
Hey guys I’m not sure if I’ll get a reply on this thread, it’s an old thread. But I have recently been looking into getting some new wheels and tires for my car and I’m unsure about the fitment. I either want to run 18x9 +35 squared but I’m unsure what size tire to run. I don’t want any stretched tires. Anyone can help with that it’ll be greatly appreciated. I’m also thinking if not a squared set up I’ll do a staggered which would be 18x9 +35 in the front and 18x9.5 + 22 in the rears, I am also unsure of what tires to run with this set up. Please help me and hopefully I get a response.
Are your fenders stock? 18x9 +35 is really aggressive for stock fenders. The stock fenders would need to be pulled and rolled depending on the tire size.
On a 9" wheel, 245/40 and 255/40 = no stretch. I don't think 18x9 +35 with 245/40 would fit without a lot of camber or fender work.

You'll definitely need wider fenders or over-fenders or run a stretched tire like a 215 or 225 if you want 18x9 +35 to fit.

For reference, this guy is running 18x9 +35 in the front with a 215 tire and 18x9.5 +38 in the rear with a 235. I believe his fenders are rolled but not pulled.
Old 12-27-2021, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kevvo.ap1
Are your fenders stock? 18x9 +35 is really aggressive for stock fenders. The stock fenders would need to be pulled and rolled depending on the tire size.
On a 9" wheel, 245/40 and 255/40 = no stretch. I don't think 18x9 +35 with 245/40 would fit without a lot of camber or fender work.

You'll definitely need wider fenders or over-fenders or run a stretched tire like a 215 or 225 if you want 18x9 +35 to fit.

For reference, this guy is running 18x9 +35 in the front with a 215 tire and 18x9.5 +38 in the rear with a 235. I believe his fenders are rolled but not pulled. This guy
This is a great response, thank you. I currently have my fenders rolled I believe. Would reducing it to 17s allow for a better fitment? Like same exact offset and all but just a 17 inch wheel? Do you think the back will clear though without stretch?
Old 12-28-2021, 06:25 AM

Received 1,264 Likes on 956 Posts

This is a great response, thank you. I currently have my fenders rolled I believe. Would reducing it to 17s allow for a better fitment? Like same exact offset and all but just a 17 inch wheel? Do you think the back will clear though without stretch?
No.

9.5+22 won't fit under stock, rolled fenders without using like -7 deg of camber. The width and offsets are WAY too agressive to work. Has nothing to do with wheel diameter.

Why do you want those widths/offsets? 9.5+22 is agressive for even like...a 350Z. I'm guessing you've found some "Avid1's" you like?

~9+40 is about the absolute limit of stock fenders without running super skinny tires or a crazy amount of camber. You'll need totally flattened fenders and the front tabs to be cut. Rear tab has to be cut off and relocated. And you need to run at least -3 deg of camber, using upper joints.

9+35 is a questionable fit. It takes a lot of work and you'll still rub.

I'm assuming you plan to lower the car?

I would google the fitments you're after and find people who are actually running them. Find out what they needed to do.

Also, get an understanding of how all this will affect your tire wear/steering (if you care about functional aspects).

Also, you're posting this question in a thread that has photos and listed fitments. Scroll up, perhaps?

Last edited by B serious; 12-28-2021 at 06:40 AM.
Old 12-28-2021, 09:03 AM

Originally Posted by B serious
No.

9.5+22 won't fit under stock, rolled fenders without using like -7 deg of camber. The width and offsets are WAY too agressive to work. Has nothing to do with wheel diameter.

Why do you want those widths/offsets? 9.5+22 is agressive for even like...a 350Z. I'm guessing you've found some "Avid1's" you like?

~9+40 is about the absolute limit of stock fenders without running super skinny tires or a crazy amount of camber. You'll need totally flattened fenders and the front tabs to be cut. Rear tab has to be cut off and relocated. And you need to run at least -3 deg of camber, using upper joints.

I'm assuming you plan to lower the car?

I would google the fitments you're after and find people who are actually running them. Find out what they needed to do.

Also, get an understanding of how all this will affect your tire wear/steering (if you care about functional aspects).

Also, you're posting this question in a thread that has photos and listed fitments. Scroll up, perhaps?
Im trying to run some Kansei Tandems but it seems like they might not work on stock fenders. So Im back to looking. I just want a nice and drivable look that isn’t stretched. I’m already on coilovers. Thank you for your help and if you have any suggestions on what I should run that won’t require an extreme amount of camber and would not require spacers let me know. I’ll greatly appreciate it and I will go back up to look at these fitments. You are very knowledge on this topic and I am trying to learn as well.
Old 12-28-2021, 01:59 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default SSR GTV02 17x9 +45 , 255/40/17

Old 12-28-2021, 05:28 PM

Originally Posted by 707ap1
Any issues with this set up?
Old 12-28-2021, 06:45 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Any issues with this set up?
Not at all. I did forget to add that I have Origin Fabrication offset bushings installed which help a ton with the fronts.
Old 01-07-2022, 10:47 AM

Received 313 Likes on 166 Posts

Im trying to run some Kansei Tandems but it seems like they might not work on stock fenders. So Im back to looking. I just want a nice and drivable look that isn’t stretched. I’m already on coilovers. Thank you for your help and if you have any suggestions on what I should run that won’t require an extreme amount of camber and would not require spacers let me know. I’ll greatly appreciate it and I will go back up to look at these fitments. You are very knowledge on this topic and I am trying to learn as well.

17x9.5 +47 with a 255/40/17 RS4 all around. Origin Fabrication offset bushing up front, -2.8 camber all around. Fenders are rolled front and rear.

The car is very usable. Clears speed bumps without issue, drive way inclines, ect. I'm able to drive it like a normal car without worry. For what it's worth the fitment is still tight enough that the tire has burned off the clear bra from the inside edge of the fender. The paint is undamaged. As far as I'm concerned this sizing set up is pretty much perfect for a stock bodied car. It's going to be difficult and expensive to find CEs in this spec, but if you use the sizing as a guide I'm sure you can find a different wheel that fits similar.
Old 01-08-2022, 11:58 AM

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Thats not true. I ran 17x9+40 with a 245/40/17 RE11A on my AP1 and the fenders were just rolled and the tab relocated in the rear. No pulling, no massive amounts of camber. It never once rubbed with Swift Spec R springs.

a 9+35 I'd agree with, but a 9+40 is an easy fitment.
Old 01-09-2022, 09:31 AM

Received 1,264 Likes on 956 Posts

~9+40 is about the absolute limit of stock fenders without running super skinny tires or a crazy amount of camber. You'll need totally flattened fenders and the front tabs to be cut. Rear tab has to be cut off and relocated. And you need to run at least -3 deg of camber, using upper joints

Originally Posted by WhiteSSP
Thats not true. I ran 17x9+40 with a 245/40/17 RE11A on my AP1 and the fenders were just rolled and the tab relocated in the rear. No pulling, no massive amounts of camber. It never once rubbed with Swift Spec R springs.

a 9+35 I'd agree with, but a 9+40 is an easy fitment.

??

You sure you disagree with my post? You've just repeated what I said...

I said 17x9+40 is the limit of what works with reasonable tire sizing, fenders rolled flat, and tab relocated.

I also said 17x9+35 takes a lot more effort to work.

That's only a 5mm difference. Meaning 40 is the edge of the limit.

Also, you were using stock shocks and springs. Meaning you were almost always on the bumpstop and the shock body was limiting further travel past the factory intended point.

With fully adjustable coilovers, you'd have more issues, as there would be added shock travel. So with coilovers at the same height...you would need to trim off the front fender tab.

Last edited by B serious; 01-09-2022 at 09:48 AM.
The following users liked this post:
Feezy (01-09-2022)