Official "Official" Forum All your "Official" threads!

Aftermarket Seats Gallery

Old 04-04-2013, 09:15 PM

Received 15 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by JeffEk
Originally Posted by s4play' timestamp='1363021187' post='22395789

Did you bypass the weight sensor for the passenger side ??
Yes I took the stock parts and built a by-pass setup
Old 04-10-2013, 04:40 PM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What's the cheapest place to purchase some Pole Positions?
Old 04-11-2013, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have sat in several bucket sets. I personally just bought Bride rails/brackets and a Buddy Club wide bucket. The Bride Low max was tight for me and I have a 32" waist, but I like being "fit" in a seat. The Recaro Pole fit a person with a 36" waist (not saying he was most comfortable, but he fit). Status Ring GT (wider version) was about as tight as the Low Max. It was tight. They have came out with some new ones that I haven't sat in yet. The F1 Spec type III was ok, it was like the Buddy Club. I had some flex with my seats, but that was also 6+ years ago. The last time I sat in one, it didn't have the same flex.

The Buddy Club wide is just perfect for me. I sit good and snug. Not too tight and not too loose. I will post a pic when I get my seat in.
Old 05-21-2013, 07:19 AM

T.scultz, did you get the BC wide installed? Would like to see pictures.

I'm having trouble finding a seat that will fit me. I'm a 32-33 waist and like you said the Pole Position can fit someone with a waist of 36-38 and the Vios is a little snug. I was also looking at the SPG but it looks like that one is also too snug for DD duties.

Anyone have recommendations for someone 6'3" 165-170, waist 32-33. Not looking for snug, but also not looking to slide around in the seat.
Old 05-22-2013, 10:30 PM

6'4", 36" waist. What do the bigger/taller drivers here have? PP's are nice but the harness holes are too low.

What else fits well? Like chadsmith, not looking for too snug.
Old 06-24-2013, 11:29 AM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hopefully a seat guru here can help me out..

Just picked up a set of reclineable Recaros (DC5 Type R) and was set on the Bride RO seat rails. But it seems the RO rails are only for AP1s up to 04?? I have an 06 AP2. Anyone use the Bride RO rails successfully in 06+ AP2s? What are my other seat rail options??

Thanks
Old 06-24-2013, 03:16 PM

Received 103 Likes on 85 Posts

driver side seat rails are the same through out the years.. the 06+ passenger side rails are different because the floor pan is shaped differently (exhaust is also shaped slight different because of that)
Old 06-26-2013, 04:01 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Recaro pole position with Schroth f40 6point
Old 06-26-2013, 12:42 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by afzan
driver side seat rails are the same through out the years.. the 06+ passenger side rails are different because the floor pan is shaped differently (exhaust is also shaped slight different because of that)
Thanks man. Ok so I just gotta get a passenger seat rail specifically for 06+? And drivers side is all the same? AP1 & Ap2??
Old 06-28-2013, 08:03 PM

Figure I might contribute to this thread because a lot of people are concerned/curious about the seat belt receptacles working with Recaro Pole Positions.
I looked for nearly a year on a specific type of Recaro Pole Position. Mostly all Recaro dealers in the US had no idea what I was talking about or did not want to import the Pole Position I was looking for. The most knowledgable shop that knew what I was talking about is Griffin Motorwerke (one of the largest Recaro dealers in North America) in Berkeley, CA. Even they cant get the seat I was looking for because Recaro are extremely strict on product allotment.

There are 2 versions:
• FIA
• ABE/TUV

The ones that most everyone here, especially in North America, are familiar with are the FIA. These are FIA certified and are more designed to use with 4/5 pt. harness, hence the small harness hole on the sides of the seat. That's why people are having a hard time fitting the stock receptacle in there without the use of a seat belt extender.

The ones I have are the ABE versions. Designed for street use TUV certified, but NOT FIA certified. These are NOT available in North America and are made for pretty much everywhere else. I bought this off someone who imported it from Germany that were going to go in his Porsche. These are readily available in the UK, Germany, Australia markets. These have larger side holes to accept oem seat belt receptacles just like the oem NSX-R seats. Also, they are slightly wider on the outer shell by 10mm. Another feature is that the headrest padding is a lot thicker than the FIA seats, due to crash testing. FIA headrests are lighter/thinner and assume you are wearing a helmet.

Aftermarket Seats Gallery-lfqgckq.jpg
My Recaro Pole Position ABE version.

NSX-R Recaros.

Aftermarket Seats Gallery-bpt2feq.jpg
I'm using Recaro side mounts (2nd from left) + Bride RO rails. I have it on the bottom hole in the rear and 2nd bottom from front hole. These sit just about OEM height +/- a few mm. It's a little bit more upright than I would like, so I'd have to adjust the fronts to go up one notch to get the seat a little more reclined. The rears are at the absolute lowest because the sidemount has a little bit of overhang preventing the rear seat to go lower. I can also flip the sidemounts to even go lower in the rear, but that would slightly block the seat belt receptacle. I'm going to experiment a little more with different sidemounts for a lower seating position. I've looked into VAC, Planted, G-Werke, etc. I've got to hit up someone who can get individual Bride seat accessories so I can try out their low 4 piece side mounts.

Any more questions feel free to ask. I'll try and take more pictures soon.

Quick Reply: Aftermarket Seats Gallery