Old 03-28-2016, 08:16 PM

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Stuck in South Florida again this week
Old 03-29-2016, 04:08 AM
Former Moderator

Received 140 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by FurY
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1458816925' post='23917939
Shot over some questions to Mid Ohio for the car corral availability at the Vintage Grand Prix this June. Hopefully we can make that happen again. Still one of my favorite Mid Ohio events.
I would be interested to learn more about this... I've yet to attend the Vintage Grand Prix but would like to.

I'm also still anxiously awaiting information about the IndyCar race at Mid Ohio... we haven't had any updates to that thread since Nov. 2015

Originally Posted by JR1de57
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1458816925' post='23917939
Shot over some questions to Mid Ohio for the car corral availability at the Vintage Grand Prix this June. Hopefully we can make that happen again. Still one of my favorite Mid Ohio events.
Would also be interested...

In other news first mod went on the s2k this weekend... been ricing all over LOL put K&N intake since it was cheap / needed a new filter anyway ...
Usually we don't get the first notice of the event even happening until the spring so I'd say we have a little time before Pete rolls out the announcement and the spots start filling up. Usually I go for all three days but I think this year I might have to cut it down a bit. I really don't want to be away from home for three days with the amount of time I spend travelling for work.

I just cleaned my intake this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to do that because I was troubleshooting that burning smell coming from my car. Stupid plastic bag...
Old 03-29-2016, 04:27 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Mocky
Usually we don't get the first notice of the event even happening until the spring so I'd say we have a little time before Pete rolls out the announcement and the spots start filling up. Usually I go for all three days but I think this year I might have to cut it down a bit. I really don't want to be away from home for three days with the amount of time I spend travelling for work.

I just cleaned my intake this weekend. Unfortunately, I had to do that because I was troubleshooting that burning smell coming from my car. Stupid plastic bag...
I've had plastic cones melt onto the headers of my old race car before, so I know the feeling... it's never fun trying to get that all that off.

Been thinking about what to do for wheels since the previous owner put BBS RGRs on. I haven't really found anything that I like so far other than the OEM ones though, but I don't really want to go with replicas or refinished wheels. Guess I'll have to wait till someone sells a non-curbed set in the classifieds or pony up the cash to get a new set from Honda.
Old 03-29-2016, 04:58 AM

Received 32 Likes on 18 Posts

What did you use to get it off your exhaust?
Old 03-29-2016, 08:20 AM

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Stuck in South Florida again this week
I wish I was "stuck" in Florida lol

Name:  20160328_170511%20-%20Copy_zps9dbhujro.jpg
Views: 12
Size:  624.2 KB

I've started installing these, hope I don't have to adjust the height too many times to get it right.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:53 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by FurY
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1459253318' post='23921987

What did you use to get it off your exhaust?

I haven't... but the method is going to involve me driving, a lot..... the stuff won't come off. I tried to scrape it but that didn't work. I also didn't want to try burning it off because of my fear that I'd damage the finish on the manifold. Looks like I'll be driving the car a lot the next few days and then hopefully it'll just burn off.
Old 03-29-2016, 08:55 AM
Former Moderator

Originally Posted by NeutralSteer
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1459253318' post='23921987

I've had plastic cones melt onto the headers of my old race car before, so I know the feeling... it's never fun trying to get that all that off.

Been thinking about what to do for wheels since the previous owner put BBS RGRs on. I haven't really found anything that I like so far other than the OEM ones though, but I don't really want to go with replicas or refinished wheels. Guess I'll have to wait till someone sells a non-curbed set in the classifieds or pony up the cash to get a new set from Honda.
One of the best places to go to get some wheel ideas is the Dragon event in April. Nearly every type of wheel imaginable is on display there over since enthusiasts from everywhere come out for it. or, catch the next S2000 Homecoming. Definitely would see every wheel you could possibly imagine is there. That's where I got the idea to run the CE28 genesis.
Old 04-03-2016, 10:01 PM
Former Moderator

Well. Guess I put the insurance back on the s2000 too soon. Wtf. More snow throughout the week.
Old 04-04-2016, 08:23 AM

Received 2,588 Likes on 1,560 Posts

Well. Guess I put the insurance back on the s2000 too soon. Wtf. More snow throughout the week.
There is more salt on the road then I saw all winter!
Old 04-04-2016, 09:16 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Scooterboy
Originally Posted by Mocky' timestamp='1459749698' post='23927265
There is more salt on the road then I saw all winter!
Gotta get used so their allotments for next year don't get cut

Glad I got the Aston e check done last week

Quick Reply: #&$#//#-*<<<14th Official Hard-at-work Thread