Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Bluegrass Motorsports Track Day: Sat Sept 5th!

Old 05-18-2009, 01:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Still no, but that may be partially my fault. REALLY work-busy right now.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:49 PM

it's all good!
Old 05-19-2009, 04:42 PM

this might be a little off topic but its along the track day lines so bare with me.

for anyone that might have to bail on the s2k track day b/c of work, school etc... the Ohio Prelude Owners Club or OHPOC is hosting the National Prelude meet this year and taking part in one of the open track days at Nelson Ledges on June 19th.

This might be able to fill the gap between now and the one at BMP for those who cant wait or have to bail on this one.

NL is a great beginner track, it has 13 corners and there is little to no elevation change. Anyone thats interested can go to nelsonledges.com for more info on the track or ohpoc.org for more info on the national prelude meet
Old 05-20-2009, 09:15 AM

I second Ben's post about Nelson being a great layout with loads of history. It rewards the driver who thinks several corners ahead of where he/she is and has tons of runoff in most locations. It was a bit bumpy last time I was there but is well worth the trip.

Regarding BGMS - they are working this evening and Saturday on the tire barriers and will take additional volunteers. Any word on when they hope to open? i.e. have they begun paving the last layer yet? This week would be a good one to get that done.

Irish
Old 05-26-2009, 06:07 AM

Rumor has it that paving and construction machinery will start rolling again this week (or maybe next week, can't remember)

Happy happy, joy joy.
Old 06-09-2009, 09:07 AM

See link below on my incident with a yellow C5 race car. It starts with a brake check on the front straight right at the 1:00 mark in the attached video and it ends with a very hard brake check at 1:30 heading into the carousel at TWS. I was riding his butt, but the reason being the day before I had followed him for a few laps on his butt with no point by (video to come soon), so I was trying to get the point across this time that I wanted to get by him. Additionally, he has been in my way many times before in previous events and I was pretty frustrated at this point. Amazingly, he did give me a point out of the carousel (first point I've got from him in many track weekends), but only after brake checking me a few times.

He came by my paddock later in the day inquiring as to how many mods I had on my Z06 (I have an '08 C6 Coupe with intake, headers, exhaust, and R888 tires, that's it). I thanked him for the nice brake checks and he said, "You like that?" I told him I was happy I didn't hit him.

On a personal level, I don't have a real beef with the guy, but he needs to keep his ego in check on the track and not be surprised when "slower" cars want to pass.
Here is the vid:[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oB0mwsA2zd8 [/media]

FYI to all....here are 2 things that will get you booted from my track day:

1. (you'll get 1 warning) Riding someone's bumper for more than a few seconds on a straight in order to get a point by.
2. Brake checking ANYONE FOR ANY REASON!!! That'll get you booted instantly.
Old 06-10-2009, 02:17 PM

wow, that couldve ended badly. if anything else, he couldve flashed his lights for the point by. not the best track etiquette
Old 06-19-2009, 07:15 AM

Some of you have heard me talk a little about these so I figured I'd post a link.

These are taken with a new bullet camera I just bought. The camera is fully self-contained, <4" long and ~1" around. It records to a micro SD and gets about an hour of video for each 2gb.

I don't think you can do much better for $99.

http://www.s2kcincinnati.com/bulletcamtest.wmv
Old 06-19-2009, 08:23 PM

looks good, ive got one of the GoPro cameras. nearly the same specs: 3mp pics and video 58 mins of video per 2 gb card.
Old 06-21-2009, 08:00 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

any updates on track construction status or the likelihood of us actually running on the 7/17 date?

Quick Reply: Bluegrass Motorsports Track Day: Sat Sept 5th!