Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Howdy all

Old 05-17-2019, 09:39 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Howdy all

I've been on the forum for a while, used to be hanging out in the Mid-Atlantic area as I was living in MD when I bought my first S. Now I'm back in Ohio (home is there, but I'm currently serving a deployment overseas) and am looking to get back in an S. I figured I'd scout the forums, and while at it meet the new community.

A short background for anyone interested:

Bought a '01 Spa as a gift to my self back in 2012. Joined the community and had some good times. In 2015 I was rear ended coming home from work one morning. Car was totaled out. I still have her in my garage waiting for time, money, and love to get tubed up and tracked. I scraped together the measly insurance money and some other funds and purchased a second 01 Spa. (I just lucked into yellow, while it's grown on me I still don't care much for it). I had that car for right at about one month as MD still requires state inspections. I drove it to them in a torrential downpour, no problems. The next day I get home from work when they open. So I go to sleep. I awake to a missed call from the shop that sounded bad. I figured I had failed due to suspension/tires or something minor. When I call they tell me that a technician totaled my car on a test drive. I was royally screwed over by insurance. Bought the car back and put it back together. However after getting it back from the body shop I ended up spinning it coming out of work and catching a tree. That was beginning of 2016.

I've had a hole ever since and finally am at a point that I can get back on the road. I do have a shell at my house that needs some body work (rocker and pass quarter rust) so that might be an in. I just don't know any reputable body shops yet to do it. Or I'm looking at picking up another S (preferably GPW or BB) so that I have the track car and a second car for when things go horribly wrong

Anyway, hello. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Cheers,
Eric
Old 05-20-2019, 06:00 AM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Welcome to the group, and good luck with your search. Hopefully you have better luck this time with your S!
Old 05-22-2019, 07:32 AM

Thanks!!!! Wife is hopefully going to look at one for me this weekend. Again not a color I'd normally opt for but a good deal, decent mileage, great condition and history. Plus Suzuka is growing on me and wrapping is an option.
Old 05-27-2019, 11:16 AM

And.....I'm an owner again.

https://jeffwylercolerainhonda.net/u...ed3ee143ab.htm
Old 05-28-2019, 07:49 PM

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Congrats! Honestly, I started off hating Suzuku Blue, but I've definitely grown to like it more recently. The blue interior is not something you see every day and as long as it's not too faded, looks pretty cool in a retro 90s sort of way.
Old 05-29-2019, 07:14 PM

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Welcome, guessing in the Cincy/Dayton area?
Old 05-30-2019, 04:04 AM

Originally Posted by NeutralSteer
Congrats! Honestly, I started off hating Suzuku Blue, but I've definitely grown to like it more recently. The blue interior is not something you see every day and as long as it's not too faded, looks pretty cool in a retro 90s sort of way.
Thanks, I'm still planning to wrap it. I mean I'll see it in person first. I've heard it's better in person but I can't stand the blue on blue.

Originally Posted by JBamin
Welcome, guessing in the Cincy/Dayton area?
I'm on the map thing. I'm over in near the Indiana/Ohio line west of Dayton.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:44 AM

Received 279 Likes on 214 Posts

Welcome! The Miami Valley group doesn't do much. We play mostly with the Cincinnati group, which is fairly active.
Old 05-30-2019, 09:10 PM

Gotcha. I was spoiled in MD those mofos are always up to something.

Can't wait to be home and start going to cars and coffee and what not.
Old 05-31-2019, 06:16 AM

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats on your new S2K! That is one crazy year with the shop totaling and then the tree running at ya! Glad you never gave up the dream.

Quick Reply: Howdy all