Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Issues running without front plates?

Old 02-20-2008, 10:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Issues running without front plates?

Those of you who aren't running front plates, have you guys had problems with the Po-po's?

I've been running with out front plates for a little over a year and haven't received any problems. *knock on wood*

However, my buddy with an EBP Civic SI has been warned/fined numerous of times.

I'm asking because I'm planning on shaving my front end (plate holes and emblems).
Old 02-20-2008, 11:38 PM

I honestly think it just depends on the car. I have been running with no front plate for over a year and have been stopped plenty of times without any comments about no front plate. My buddy has a Mustang that is all tricked out and gets stopped all the time in a near by city. I would say that if you have not been bothered so far you should be alright. Especially if there are no visible mounting points to where they can tell you deleted it.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:29 AM

Received 2,625 Likes on 1,579 Posts

I've been running without a front plate for over six years without ever being stopped.
Old 02-21-2008, 03:24 AM

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

NFP on the S2000 for 4 years .........NFP on the wife's Accord for almost 2 years .........NFP on the Civic DD for the last 6 months.

.......and NFP warnings or citations

Of course I don't live in "pricktown"..I live in "hicktown" where the LEO's are more interested in billybob driving his diddy's p-up truck home drunk on a Saturday night
Old 02-21-2008, 05:45 AM

Expect a ticket if you drive on the far north side without a front plate.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:48 AM

Originally Posted by Scott Evil,Feb 21 2008, 06:45 AM
Expect a ticket if you drive on the far north side without a front plate.
I live in Lewis Center... So, I'm pretty far north of Columbus.

I agree as well, that the car you drive plays a good part in it. Some cars are more scrutinized than others about having front plates.
Old 02-21-2008, 10:55 AM

well, I live in LC too. There is one Columbus officer who patrols the Polaris area and likes to write tickets for no front plate. I know three (current and former) S2k owners who got nailed. I can think of many other things to spend $100 on.

I put mine back on, but I do not have one on my A4. Maybe it is the car that attracts extra attention.
Old 02-21-2008, 11:55 AM

I got a ticket for this once in the past year that I have been running with no front plate on my S. I was down in the cincy area. There were 3 cars parked in a row all with no front plates, mine right in the middle. Only I got a ticket for not having one. So I took a pic of the three cars sitting there showing none of them had front plates but only mine ticketed. Went to court, judge asked the officer to explain, he couldn't, ticket got thrown out. The judge apologized for the officers "obvious jealousy inspired behavior", complemented me on my choice in cars, and sent me on my way. One of the better experiences I have ever had in a court room I must say.

I was lucky though, I had no way to prove the other cars were there when he ticketed mine. If the cop had half a brain in his head he would have brought that up but, .... well I guess he didn't.
Old 02-21-2008, 01:42 PM

Originally Posted by Teawins21,Feb 21 2008, 02:48 PM
I live in Lewis Center... So, I'm pretty far north of Columbus.

I agree as well, that the car you drive plays a good part in it. Some cars are more scrutinized than others about having front plates.
Drive down Polaris and you will get a ticket. Ask Chase and....me.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:21 PM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I have been running "NO" front plate for 4 years now.....NO tickets yet... Guess you just have to be willing to pay the "Fiddler".....

Quick Reply: Issues running without front plates?