Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Jay Honda Importfest - Terminated

Old 02-20-2011, 02:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jay Honda Importfest - Terminated

I just wanted to drop you guys a line and tell you that after 5 years of great sucess - the Imporfest will be no more. On January 28th the ownership of Jay Honda decided to make some changes to the parts dept - that change was moving me out to the service desk. As many of you know the parts dept was my passion and I was not happy about having to leave after all these years - but I did not have much of a choice. Im currently out on the service drive trying to learn a new job. This has not been easy on me and my family - but I have to make this work for their sake.

Because of the move I will be unable to put in the many many hours it takes to plan the show - frankly, I'm not sure after what has happened that I want to. The show was never about me (even though I did 100% of the planning) - it was about helping others and Jay Honda got all the positive press. I don't think people know how much work and how many hours I spent sending letters, getting good contacts, organizing and planning every aspect of the show so that everybody could have fun and win cool prizes. Alot of the passion and drive behind the event was snuffed out in that January 28th meeting.

There is a strong chance that I will be planning a much larger event next year at a remote location - on my own. I just wanted to take the time to thank each and every one of the the S2000 owners that were there from day one in support of the Make -A-Wish Foundation and my show. Without your support the show would of never gained the momentum that it did - you guys were truely part of the foundation of the show. Im sorry that I have to post this thread - trust me it was not my choice. I look forward to seeing all of you at some point over the Spring and Summer. When the day comes for me to plan my event - you guys will be the first to know. Trust Me !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thanks,

Bill Turk
Old 02-21-2011, 04:09 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Welcome to the club
Old 02-22-2011, 01:47 PM

x3.......dealers have their workers by the balls and all they care about is their own ass
Old 02-22-2011, 06:15 PM

Turk - very sorry to hear this, both the show and your situation. It was a great ride, thanks for some really good memories.

And looking at the bright side - at least the gravy train of prizes is over for that little fn kid.

Keep the boards posted on what you may be up to - you know we'll be there.
Old 02-23-2011, 04:25 AM

Good luck with the job transition. By far one of the nicest guys I've met. Last year was the first time attending and i loved the show. Cant wait to see a future show from you.
Old 02-23-2011, 05:11 AM

Received 2,562 Likes on 1,544 Posts

Turk, hang in there. There is always light at the end of the tunnel and sometimes if is not a freight train!
Old 02-23-2011, 12:38 PM

Thanks for all the kind words. Its been tough but Im dealing with it the best I can. There will be a show of some kind next year. I know I can count on all of you for support when I plan it. The rides not over - just parked.
Old 02-23-2011, 01:33 PM
Former Moderator

Received 139 Likes on 115 Posts

Glad to hear that you are still looking into putting an event togther.

Good seeing you the other day.
Old 03-01-2011, 12:51 PM

Originally Posted by Honda_mann
x3.......dealers have their workers by the balls and all they care about is their own ass

Another +1.

It was a fun show the few years that I attended.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:12 PM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I am so sorry to read about this, Turk. I do appreciate the hard work you put into this event every year. I do hope your new position will ultimately be as successful as what you were doing in Parts. Hopefully I'll see you when I bring my S in next month for its yearly service.

Quick Reply: Jay Honda Importfest - Terminated