Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Local Shops/Services

Old 10-13-2014, 10:31 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Heathcoot
ok thanks so much mocky hopefully i get the work done and get some post up here to help him out
I would highly recommend him also(full disclosure, hes one of my sponsors),except that he does not do powder coat. He might be able to give you a reference of someone to use if that's what you want.
Old 04-12-2015, 09:21 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

Just In case someone finds this thread someday, looking for a powder coat place that does the job from beginning to end...this is the best place in Cleveland area I know of. Lots of people say they do it, but they only do a part of the job, and send the other part out. Maybe they sandblast. Maybe they coat and have another place sandblast. Maybe they don't do any of it, and simply offer you the means to get it done. This is a one stop shop that has always been welcoming of my custom jobs...and at a great price. It's the last place you'd expect this hidden gem to be, but I've always had great results and one to two day turn around times. It's a turn around time lots of Cleveland area places can't give you, because they need places like this to do part of the job.

www.rackpowdercoating.com
Old 04-15-2015, 10:47 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi everyone -

I live in Cincinnati and am looking for a mechanic that can help install some coilovers. I know it's one of the easier DIYs but I'm looking to pay to get it done.

Any help or direction would be appreciated.

Thanks!
Old 04-21-2015, 06:42 AM

I apologize if this has been covered -- I searched and didn't find anything.

Looking for recommendations for a body shop in the Columbus area to do some re-painting of loose body parts for me (side strakes, front lip, etc). I contacted Gerber (formerly True 2 Form) and they didn't seem to want to deal with it.

Any suggestions?
Old 05-05-2015, 06:17 AM

I stopped in at Jay Honda to pick up a bolt, and asked to see Jeff. I was informed that Jeff passed away about 6 months ago. Under 60 and very unexpected.

They referred me to Bob as who most S2000 customers are going to. Just had a quick question, but he seemed fairly knowledgeable.
Old 05-08-2015, 01:05 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Local review:

Thumbs down for B3R Racing. Got there for a scheduled dyno run at 330pm, per my appointment. The front desk dudemonger tells me it'll be half an hour. I grab a seat. Half hour comes and goes. And then some. No signs of being taken in. After another ten minutes I ask the aforementioned dudemonger what's up. He acts like it's an imposition, me requesting some kind of update. I guess he did have to pause his cellphone conversation for a moment, during which he couldn't give me any idea when this thing might go down. All he could say was, "It's the busiest time of the year." Really? Is it the time of the year when calendars don't work? Because I find they work really well when scheduling appointments.

So I phoned the first place I contacted, Twisted Innovations, and got an appointment for this Saturday. I only turned to B3R because they were a lot more convenient to my office, but convenience isn't everything. Fortunately, that's the beauty of money...you can give it to whomever you like.

Stay tuned.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:56 AM

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

If your near Hinkley, another option is BackStreet performance in Medina. Not sure what your tuning needs are, or what software platform you intend to use. They do a lot of race cars, and bring a portable dyno to NASA races for compliance testing.

Pm me for info and contact name if interested
Old 05-08-2015, 05:58 AM

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

Thanks, BB. I PM'd you.

My needs are simple...just looking for a baseline pull before I start monkeying with stuff. I just bought the car last fall and it's led a hard life. I'm still in diagnostic mode at the moment.
Old 07-21-2015, 06:10 AM

Received 285 Likes on 220 Posts

Any recommendation for SW Ohio? Preferably Dayton.
Old 07-22-2015, 09:33 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Dayton Ohio- Foreign Exchange in Moraine. Ricky there is a good friend of mine, almost all the people that work there are into motorsports. They have three different locations but Moraine is their main shop. Family owned, tons of experience on imports.

Foreign Exchange
Contact Ricky Reilich
Phone: (937) 298-3456
Email: moraine@foreignx.com
Referred by Diego

Newark, Ohio- My good friend from high school Anthony runs a small shop called "ASC AUTOWORKS" He does basically anything you can think of. Suspension install, brakes, engine tucks, shaved engine bays, tons of body work. He is a really genuine guy that will be upfront and honest with you. He does work by himself so bear with him. But his prices are great.

ASC Autoworks
Contact Anthony Colangelo
Phone: (740) 814-7854
Referred by Diego

Contact me with any questions.

Quick Reply: Local Shops/Services