Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Mid-Ohio Events

Old 06-16-2003, 01:53 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by StrangeDaze
I have never been to Mid-Ohio! Wait, I have never been to any racetrack!!!
Wow, it took a brave man to admit that in this crowd.
Trust me, check it out, and take some good ear plugs, trust me.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:35 PM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

[QUOTE]Originally posted by jwiseman
[B]I was planning on going to one of the two events [ assuming in town ].

Brad, the key to keeping the girls happy has been a large blanket on the hill behind the keyhole [4] and about $100 in junk food from the store the day before.
Old 06-16-2003, 03:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey here's a novel idea... why don't you guys drive YOUR cars on the race track?!!

Buckeye BMW club is having a driver's event there at the end of September... I'll be there with the Scooby ripping new buttholes for people

You gotta start toking on the go-fast crack pipe... it's all over after that. Any winding road driving you do after will be unsatisfying because you can't drive hard enough for it to be exciting and relatively safe. You'll be so bored during normal driving you'll apex within your lane on the highway and start driving with two wheels in the gutter around corners just for some challenge because after all, that is the proper line. If there's no curbing on the roads, you'll feel the outside corner entry where the pavement ends with your tires and feel the edge of the pavement on corner exit with your tires... all within your lane of the road.

It changes you
Old 06-16-2003, 08:36 PM

John: Too funny! There are too many visuals coming to mind on that story.

Doug: The sound I remember the most was the Jaguar's. They weren't the most successful cars, but I always remember the sounds they made were incredible. I think I actually might have some old video or pictures from those times. I'll have to go digging through my stash.

Joe: Run, do not walk to Mid-Ohio this coming weekend. Even if nobody goes with you. I went for years by myself. Now that I'm married and have other responsibilities I find all you people to do things with!

Nate: Send me some details on the event if you could (price, car requirements, etc...) I ran Mid-Ohio in a go-kart years ago but haven't had a car on it yet. My Porsche won't be track worthy until I stick a rollbar in it, but I'm itching to take the Civic out as well.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:09 AM

Here's the link-

http://www.buckeyebmwcca.org/html/schools.html

The schools are usually around $300 for 2 days... I've run with NASA and Mid Ohio PCA this year already. Since you have a 993 Cab (looks like it anyway) I would guess you're not going to mull over the price...

You'll need an SA2000 or newer helmet and probably some brake pads, new rotors, and if it were me some track tires (Kumho, Toyo, or A032R) I run A032R and they hold up really well on the Subaru.

I'll probably register at the end of next month. At Honda R&D we've probably got 2 E36 M3's going, an S2k, modded FD3S, modded 928, and my (unstreetable) WRX.

Hope to see some people there!

btw... it does my heart good when I see a 911 of any sort going down the road with a roll bar in the back of it!
Old 06-17-2003, 04:39 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by OhioRacer
[B]

I've used the same "parenting techniques" in the past. Junk food is an amazing tranqualizer. . For us, it was a big "guys event". We actually came down the night before and got a room at a local hotel. The races start early so we didn't want to get up at the crack of dawn and drive from C-Town. The kids would swim in the hotel pool and then we would go get a steak from Outback Steakhouse.
Old 06-17-2003, 04:54 AM

[QUOTE]Originally posted by waybrig
[B]John:
Old 06-17-2003, 04:57 AM

Nate: Thanks for the info. I'll keep the date in mind and see what happens. You've got quite an eye to be able to pick out my car from the icon. You've got the money thing all backwards though. Because I have a 993 cab, I have to mull over the price of bread, let alone track days!

John: You brought back memories of my one camp experience at Mid-Ohio. I'll always remember waking up to Indy-Car practice first thing in the morning. One big rule if you decide to do it: NO CUPCAKES!!!!!
Old 06-17-2003, 05:08 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Ahhh, camping at Indy races is for people who get their nails manicured. . Be a man, camp at a NASCAR race. On second thought, I did this once and it was one time too many. Scary.
Old 06-17-2003, 06:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Triple-H

Oh man, remember the noise they made when the Nissan's shifted? The sound from the Supercharger/turbocharger was just amazing
In 92 we had an open practice day before the race weekend at Road Atlanta. There is nothing like going flat out on the back straight in a F2000 car and have Chip Robinson fly by in that NISSAN making you look like your car jumped out of gear.

Quick Reply: Mid-Ohio Events