Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Mid-Ohio Track Event!

Old 01-30-2006, 03:55 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mid-Ohio Track Event!

Hey all,

Redline Track Events is coming back to your side of the country again. Some of you guys came to our last track event at BeaveRun with HardTopGuy last year. Well, were coming back for a three day extravaganza at Mid-Ohio Sports car course this April. I really hope to see some you back at the track.
More info on the open track day is here: http://www.redlinetrackevents.com/event_ohio.html

We'll be at the track Friday, Saturday and Sunday on March 31 thru April 2. We'll also be holding our Time Attack race on Sunday if any one wants some friendly competition.

For all the details on the Redline: Time Attack! go here: http://www.redlinetimeattack.com/

Let me know if you have any questions.
Thanks,
Chris
Old 01-30-2006, 09:36 PM

nice! This year's event is full of Mid Ohio track events. NASA has two scheduled for HPDE then Trackquest and now Redlinetrackevents. Nice!!!

Only thing that I am concerened though is that the weather could be nasty around end of March and early April in Mansfield Oh. I dont mind this unusally warm winter but something tells me we may get hit hard towards end of winter season.

Hope I am wrong though.
Old 01-31-2006, 03:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Excited!
Can't wait. Really looking forward to this.
Old 01-31-2006, 04:52 AM

Can someone answer this for me.
Question regarding: When signing up for this event and having to submit our driving level:

I want to gain from this expereince seat time to teach myself about the car and practice driving techniques that I can't really do much around local roads. I don't want to limit my track experience, is that what beginner is for? What do you recommend? How does the driving level decision play into our exposure on the track?

BTW: This is going to be my first track experience. I hope to get a lot of track time and learn from those experienced here. I love driving! and I love this CAR!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:46 AM

Hey S2KBreaker,

Your experience level is a starting point for your track day. I need to know what group of drivers I need to start you off in. When organizing a track day, I need to place people in the correct run group so there is a nice flow of traffic on the track. This way, the novice drivers run at there own speed, while more advance drivers who already have track experience will run in a completely different run group and not be out on the track with the less experienced people. More than anything this is a safety issue to keep cars grouped properly.

Also, you won't get stuck in any group. If you start out in the beginner group to get a feel for the track and start speeding up as the day goes on, you may want to switch into the intermediate run group, and the same goes for drivers who don't want to push to hard. Some people like to slow it down and move to a slower run group.

We set the day up like this so people can advance at there own pace. There will be plenty of instruction, and we'll get you up to speed safety on a road course.

Let me know if you have any more questions
Old 01-31-2006, 08:50 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good stuff. Looking fwd to this track season!
Old 01-31-2006, 08:50 AM

Originally Posted by soundzero,Jan 31 2006, 06:36 AM
nice! This year's event is full of Mid Ohio track events. NASA has two scheduled for HPDE then Trackquest and now Redlinetrackevents. Nice!!!

Only thing that I am concerened though is that the weather could be nasty around end of March and early April in Mansfield Oh. I dont mind this unusally warm winter but something tells me we may get hit hard towards end of winter season.

Hope I am wrong though.
Oh man, I hope you're wrong about the weather too!
Actually, I did a weather report for the last 25 years, and it has only rained three times on the date we're at the track. The temp has been between 69 for a high and 45 for a low. That's pretty good odds, but I'll not think about the weather until the event day. Let's hope for the best.
Old 01-31-2006, 09:12 AM

^SuperKool

Thanks for answering.
Now time to do some shopping.
Gotta find myself a helmet and racing gloves.
Old 01-31-2006, 11:32 AM

I posted a link to this thread in the Toronto forum.

A bunch of us were down for your event at Beaverun last year. We'll likely be joining you for this as well
Old 01-31-2006, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by toosteeley,Jan 31 2006, 08:32 PM
I posted a link to this thread in the Toronto forum.

A bunch of us were down for your event at Beaverun last year. We'll likely be joining you for this as well
Thanks for the help toosteeley,
any were you think it should go, please feel free to post it any place you like.

Hope to see you guys back out there for this one!

Quick Reply: Mid-Ohio Track Event!