Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Need Feedback... Possible Relocation

Old 12-05-2007, 06:36 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need Feedback... Possible Relocation

Hey everyone!

I'm looking for some feedback from Cincinnati people and people who have lived in Columbus and Cincinnati. Just trying to get a general comparison if possible.

Currently in Columbus. Have a potential offer in Cincinnati. Been doing a little research, appears the economy/city is not doing as well as Columbus... Is it as bad as the news shows? How's the housing/job market?

I love the food, diversity, and culture of Columbus. Especially the northern side of town. Anything in Cincinnati simliar?

Thanks!
Old 12-05-2007, 06:52 AM

I think overall its a nice place to live....just like anywhere else..it has its ups and downs. Night life in Cleveland/Columbus is probably better, although Cincinnati is slowly evolving. House market kinda crappy right now, but isnt it everywhere? I say if its a good job offer (worth it financial) DO IT, its only 1.5 hour away, you can always visit Columbus.

P.S I moved here from NY/NJ area
Old 12-05-2007, 09:10 AM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

What is your age group...? In what part of the city...are you looking to be employed..?? Cincy has lots to offer...as Jay says, night life is probably not, as C-Bus or Cleveland, however Newport Kentucky rocks...and is...still growing. Eastern Cincy, Clermont County...nice area,as well as Butler County...Really growing..!!! Do you have school age children..???...That would also help me with a decision, like that....as to the school districts....

Do you like to run with "US" crazy S2K.....nuts............??????We have some great get togethers, here in Cincy......
Old 12-05-2007, 09:21 AM

I'd be working downtown so any part of the city would be good to live.

Not too concerned with night life. I don't think Columbus has too much to offer either aside from the Nationwide arena, Short North, and Park St District. Although nice, it's not something I do every weekend.

I've found that neighborhoods with good school districts have the best resale/appreciatation, so I'd like to start from there. No kids currently, but you never know... Just thinking long term.

Plus it's a little warmer down there right??? Today's snow sucks...
Old 12-05-2007, 09:32 AM

Well...I live on the East side of Cincy...as well as Jaydem...Housing is good,Lots of new homes in the area. I have lived here for 58 years...!!! Both West Clermont...and the Anderson school districts are very good. The commute to actual downtown Cincy is 15 minutes, to the cental business district. Expressway...all the way into town, as well as back country roads...Several large shopping malls, in the local area. and any kind of eatery that you could possibly think of....As I said before, though, if you want "Night-Life" activities, Newport is the answer. Right across the river, from downtown Cincy...on the waterfront area.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:43 AM

Thanks for all info. Good to know there is the option of nightlife. Close enough yet far enough...

Talked to some of the people living there. They mentioned Hyde Park and Wenworth as good areas to live? What do you think of those areas?

Easter Cincy sounds like a good area.
Old 12-05-2007, 12:23 PM

Originally Posted by IRS2K,Dec 5 2007, 03:43 PM
Thanks for all info. Good to know there is the option of nightlife. Close enough yet far enough...

Talked to some of the people living there. They mentioned Hyde Park and Wenworth as good areas to live? What do you think of those areas?

Easter Cincy sounds like a good area.
Lived here...all my life, and I am not sure of ever hearing of Wenworth..??? Hyde Park...now that is "Nice"..... We call it one of the "Yuppie" areas...Very nice old...homes....however some moderate nice places too... Very close to the city... Lots of P&G employees live there....as well as.............
Old 12-05-2007, 12:30 PM

i live near hyde park. look there+ mt lookout if you want a really nice area full of young-ish folks. can be expensive though. no clue on schools... i'm only a couple years out of college and single so not a worry for me yet.

I think cinci is great for nightlife...Mt adams/hyde park/mt lookout/downtown... and i concur with previous posters, newport is fun.
Old 12-05-2007, 03:05 PM

West Clermont and Anderson schools are far superior to those downtown districts. That is why we lived in Amelia! Mariemont is also very excellent; Milford supposed to be good, too. But none of that matters of you don't have school-aged kids!

When we moved to Cincy, we'd have moved to Hyde Park had it just been us two. But we enjoyed our 9 years in Amelia very much. And Looter is not lying when he says the Cincy S2K group rocks!

good luck
Dave
Old 12-05-2007, 05:59 PM

Do you work for the IRS? If so I may be able to give you some insight on Cincinnati.