Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club
View Poll Results: How Do You Like Them?
I like them.
20.83%
They're better then the ones now.
62.50%
Not a fan.
12.50%
Undecided
4.17%
Voters: 24. You may not vote on this poll

NEW Ohio "Pride" Licence Plate

Old 01-30-2013, 07:01 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Thumbs down NEW Ohio "Pride" Licence Plate

This is the new plate design as of April 15, 2013.

OHIO BMV LINK

What are your thoughts?
Old 01-31-2013, 01:40 AM

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I like them and they are certainly better than the puke green ones. Of course, best are the bicentennial red, white, and blue that I still have on all my cars.

Too bad the state wants to stuff its coffers by forcing us to pay for upgrades.
Old 01-31-2013, 03:04 AM
JHo

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I'll be switching all my cars over because I cant stand the Farmville plates, but bring back the old red, white and blue. At least I can throw a frame around it and turn it into a basic white with dark lettering.
Old 01-31-2013, 04:09 AM

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

I can live with them....but......I don't think they will go thru with it !!!

There are thousands of things the BMV wants to do...and the buck, always stops...prior !!!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:25 AM

Received 2,562 Likes on 1,544 Posts

How many accidents will be caused by people trying to read them? I like the "Farmville" plates. Go figure!
Old 01-31-2013, 04:40 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

New plates can't get here soon enough. I have the "farmville" plates on my S and that is it. I have the old "sunburst" plate on my truck and mazda.

Its like anything though, I didn't like the bicentenial plates when they came out, then they grew on me as the govt. forced them upon me.
Old 01-31-2013, 01:48 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The plates we have now
The plates we'll get
Simple as that... the ones I have to put on my cars (farmville/sunburst) look like they're rusting from far away.

Joe
Old 01-31-2013, 02:33 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I cant stand the current ohio plates. they look like crap and add way too much to the back plate. I wish we had black plate with white lettering.
Old 01-31-2013, 02:54 PM

Received 224 Likes on 78 Posts

I like them. I'm getting one for the S, and I may have to replace my bicentennial plate with it if they pass the law that you MUST replace your plates every 7 years.
Old 02-01-2013, 05:14 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by pgarratt
I like them. I'm getting one for the S, and I may have to replace my bicentennial plate with it if they pass the law that you MUST replace your plates every 7 years.
Not to get too political... BUT: its just so frustrating you have really no say in the BMW process. Vote on a plate? Nope. I'm not talking on a ballot, just an open survey. Not the govenor's wife's art project that we were subjected to. (Thats a rumor, but I choose to post it on the internet as fact.)

My g/f recently went to get her registration sticker updated and license renewed. She described the $75ish fee as "not bad." So, I replied, asking her was she had received for her money. A sticker and a semi-decent picture of herself.

Buying a used car was taxed, her new plate and transfer fee, now renewals, and why does your license expire? So they can charge you to get a new one. Plates: same thing. We require you to have a plate, 2 actually, and there is a cost to get them and a fine for not having it.

To steal a friends quote: Governments view automobiles as simply rolling ATMs to supplement taxes: License fees, title transfers, plates, parking fines, speeding tickets, tolls, and taxes on the fue... etc. All simply about money.

And this money is used wisely... until you see the city dump trucks with a bed full of cold patch "patching" pot holes that are filled with water. Put cold patch on top of puddle. Water below cold patch freezes in 15 hours and cold patch is broken and washes away within 15 days. But, we paid the truck driver and city worker to patch said hole. Including the cost of the fuel for the dump truck, the materials, and the fact they'll have to re-do it in the spring, or whenever they feel like it.

But that's just my opinion... and I know for a fact there are many other states that are worse and I'm very aware a semi-functional interstate system wasn't free, but the majority of the infrastructure in this country is horrible... /endrant.

Quick Reply: NEW Ohio "Pride" Licence Plate