Ohio S2000 Club Ohio S2000 Owners Club

Spring is in the air (so is RR)

Old 03-17-2010, 06:15 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by MrClean,Mar 16 2010, 09:35 AM
I've said it before and I'll say it again, some (angry+jealous?) people have more aggression toward me when drivng the Cayman versus the GTI (or any other sporty car I've had). I notably get cut off more, flipped off more and general road rage more often just because of the make of the car I'm driving, while driving the same as I always do (which is not *that* bad )

Today was the first day I drove my Cayman S to work (following a long cold winter) here in central Ohio.

As I entered the freeway and while merging into 6 lanes of traffic that narrow to 4 in about 1/2 mile, I have Mr. SUV try to squeeze me out of a lane change as soon as I (legally) use my turn signal. Watching him in my rear view mirror, I proceeded to move over to the next lane as he accelerates then hammers the brakes on my ***, honking his horn and flipping me off. To move onward and outa there, I moved over a couple more lanes to the the passing lane and was on my way (no antagonistic wave or anything). Mr. SUV goes out of his way, passing on the inside lanes, weaving in and out of traffic to catch me. He catches up (mainly b/c I did not care to play his game to lose him) and sits in a lane 2 over from me, "watching me" as to intimidate. A couple miles later, I approach my interchange/exit to the next hwy, and to avoid him boxing me in, I wait till he is looking the other way, then I hammer it, shoot around the cars and him (no where near him by the way). By the time he looks for me again, I'm 10 cars ahead of Mr. SUV and behind another car, approaching the interchange exit. Mr. SUV, not giving up yet, comes racing up with his windows down, pointing and yelling and flipping me off (seeing out of my peripherial). At this point, I can't help it anymore, I just smile and laugh, looking straight ahead as I exit. He was soooo pissed, and for what? Obviously, he's got other things going on, besides me.

It's times like these I second guess having a recognizable vanity plate.
I haven't had anything this crazy happen, but I do notice that when driving the S top down people tend to cut me off, block me from merging, etc.

I like to just give bad drivers and road raging drivers a big thumbs up and a smile. Sometimes I give them the ... Other times, the spock. Whatever I feel like at the time. Usually they just look confused.
Old 03-17-2010, 10:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think it's partly the nice cars and partly Ohio....I've driven 30k miles in the past few months....and I always know when I get back to Ohio, because people start driving like morons.

Everyone always claims that their state has the worst drivers, but after experiencing it firsthand in numerous states....Ohio is at the top of the list for idiots.
Old 03-17-2010, 03:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by StrangeDaze,Mar 16 2010, 03:01 PM
Also, "mini-van (not a GTI)"? Classic!

I really did LOL when I read this.
Old 03-18-2010, 09:14 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by switchcars,Mar 17 2010, 02:44 PM
I think it's partly the nice cars and partly Ohio....I've driven 30k miles in the past few months....and I always know when I get back to Ohio, because people start driving like morons.

Everyone always claims that their state has the worst drivers, but after experiencing it firsthand in numerous states....Ohio is at the top of the list for idiots.
I agree

I thought Indiana was bad... until I moved to (the Kentucky side of) Cincinnati