Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

** 5/13/10 Dinner Meet @ Earl's Rib Palace **

Old 05-15-2010, 06:13 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AFs2k
And it's getting to the point where its like you're defending drunk drivers. Have either of you had a DUI? Or are you arguing just for the sake of it?
The only thing I have to say about defending drunk drivers is I have not stated any such thing in this thread. Since you insist on putting the words in my mouth, it seems I need to state that I would never support someone doing so; I was writing under the notion that common sense, I would hope in everyone's common sense, dictates that drinking and driving is a horrible idea. But since we are on the topic of the interpretation of my post and my apparent inability to express my point, I thought I stated on multiple occasions that the chances of running into someone causing problems, in this case DUI, in a large area, Oklahoma City, are not very good, especially when the number of problem causers is a small one. In none of that is there support of DUI offenders; I did not realize I needed to openly state my opinion on the horrible act people commit when they get behind the wheel after drinking. There is a huge difference between the two and it appears you missed that.

Originally Posted by AFs2k
"a fairly long response" You guys really are hanging on every word I say. Ha, I have groupies. Seriously, though...
So when I am actually trying to participate in a harmless discussion with you on S2ki, then it makes me your groupie? Does this extend to every one else on S2ki?(*)

(*) Rhetorical questions.

[QUOTE=AFs2k]I'm tired of sitting here typing. I can't sit and stare at a computer screen for hours typing and typing getting off on "oh boy, I'll prove him wrong this time." Whooptie do.[.QUOTE]

Again, with the humor implying that spending a little of my spare time doing something that requires very little energy on my part makes me a loser? The "do you have a life routine" is a lazy, unproductive "comment".

I was originally hoping for a civil discussion; apparently, that expectation was too much on my part. It is very likely that I could have expressed many of my comments in a more concise manner, but occasionally I get lengthy. Maybe instead of writing long winded responses, I should have stated, that if you were to leave your car: in a well lit area, at the end of a row, and away from other cars (all of which are good practices for parking anywhere), then it is highly unlikely that any one will randomly mess with your car. Instead, I decided that I needed to elaborate on the negative, mostly unfounded comments with regards to Oklahomans/Bricktown and that I needed to offer a bit of information to you on your fear of leaving your car in Bricktown. A detailed, extensive response was apparently not warranted in your mind. With that said, why do you frown upon a detailed, extensive response? The negative comments towards being thorough are completely unwarranted and has no place on a forum that I assume promotes civil discussion; hence, why I extensively read over my posts, edit those posts to further elaborate on points made when it is necessitated, and remove unnecessary negative comments, content, bad grammar, poor punctuation, etc. before posting. So I apologize for spending a small amount of my time doing a bit of research, trying to contribute in an well-thought out manner, and holding myself to a higher standard of trying to be thorough and punctual with my writing. But please, continue to think that my "long" responses indicate I have no life and that thorough posts are a negative contribution to the forum.
Old 05-15-2010, 06:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess I should have taken my time to quote out most of the sentences you guys posted too, leaving out some of the key ones. Seems like I could have explained my parts/ views better that way. Whatever.

And... *points to joe's post*

And Julie, can you lock this so it stops making it's way to the top? This meet already took place and the pics are in another thread.