Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

Asking a favor of any Broken Arrow S2k owners!

Old 02-27-2006, 04:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Asking a favor of any Broken Arrow S2k owners!

Hello, my name is Ryan and I am looking to pick up an S2000 here within the next 2 weeks. The problem is there aren't any S2000's available right now where I live that interest me. I live in Gardner Kansas which is about 3-4 hours away from you guys. With that said, I am asking a HUGE favor of someone.

http://autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.jsp?car_id=1...ax_price=19000&

I am looking to possibly purchase this S2000 which currently resides at a Mitsubishi dealership in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma. I was wondering if there was any possible way one of you members in that area could go and look over the car. I've gotten a description from the dealership, but would greatly appreciate it if an S2000 owner from the area could look over and possibly drive the car. That way a person that owns one of the cars, who knows what to look for, can give me a first-hand description of the car itself.

I am asking this as a huge favor since the car is 3-4 hours away from me. If one of you guys/gals could do it I would GREATLY appreciate it. I am VERY excited about getting an S2000, as it has been my dream car since they came out. I've worked hard to get to the position I am at (I'm only 21-years-old) and I feel I can finally afford one without any issues and this is one I'm thinking about getting into.

Anyways, if you could do that I would be forever in debt. If you did if you could please PM me information on the overall condition of the body/interior as well as how it performs/feels/runs and if it has any bugs/issues I would be so greatly appreciative!

Thanks!

-Ryan
Old 02-27-2006, 04:31 PM

wow 72,000 miles. thats alot. I've passed by this place many times. bout 5 minutes away, as i'm sure alot of other people have too. one of us would be happy to do it for you. if someone here doesn't do it i'll do it tommorow afternoon and if someone wants to come along let me know.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:41 PM

I do that for you. Is there any other one you have seen? 72000 is alot of miles. What your limit on the car? I will definte help you out. Call me at 9188092219.
That S2000 is way overprice.
Old 02-27-2006, 04:53 PM

Oh yeah if you want to wait we have one of our members who is selling his car. Its 02 Spa I think about 30000 miles. I will talk to him if you want me to. Just call me.
Old 02-27-2006, 05:11 PM

72k miles? Yeah, that's a lot -- but hey -- it's a Honda!
My MY02 is almost ready to turn over 40k. Runs great.
Old 02-27-2006, 06:10 PM

I work at Steve Bailey Honda in Oklahoma City, in the New Sales dept, and in my opinion, I wouldnt give more than $12,000 for that car even if the interior is in MINT condition, it drives PERFECT and it has ALL SERVICE RECORDS- I mean even the 10-15K interval services...
Old 02-27-2006, 06:55 PM

well you know what that means! I wont go look at it then. I'm sure Rob wouldn't mind selling his, hopefully the price is around what your looking for. If you need anything let us know.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:49 PM

Originally Posted by gentek1145,Feb 27 2006, 10:10 PM
I work at Steve Bailey Honda in Oklahoma City, in the New Sales dept, and in my opinion, I wouldnt give more than $12,000 for that car even if the interior is in MINT condition, it drives PERFECT and it has ALL SERVICE RECORDS- I mean even the 10-15K interval services...
you paid 20k for a car that was in a minor accident with the equivalent mileage for the year.lol, i would say its a pretty good deal granted i havent had it on a lift to inspect it. you could probably negotiate the price down somewhat also
Old 02-27-2006, 08:52 PM

I will be trading my car in for it. I have a '04 Spec V Sentra. For that reason I'm not buying outright. Sentra's suffer from terrible resale value and the only way to get rid of the car in a timely manner is to trade it in. I have saved up a nice downpayment to cope with the money I will more than likely lose on trade in.

I know the price is high, that's what the art of negotiation is for!

As far as the mileage goes, if the car runs great then I'm not too concerned. It might've been a highway mileage car for all we know. That's why I'm asking that if someone had some free time to stop by and possibly drive it.

I'm also looking at a Texas one (has 50k) and a Nebraska one (has 18k) but those guys are pretty confident on their prices, which are in the 18,000 dollar range. This one, from how they sound, they are pretty willing to negotiate on it.

I'm not set on buying it, and if the deal seems sour I'm more than willing to walk away. Just thought I'd throw that in there.

Anyways, if someone could check it out I'd really appreciate it. I hope to be joining the S2000 ranks here very soon!
Old 02-28-2006, 05:54 AM
Administrator

Received 167 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by RWatters,Feb 27 2006, 08:01 PM
I am looking to possibly purchase this S2000 which currently resides at a Mitsubishi dealership in Broken Arrow, Oklahoma.
Chris Nikels is a Chrysler dealership.

I'll be glad to check it out for you, but I might not have time until next week.

FWIW, I would still sell the Sentra outright (instead of trading). Regardless of the resale value, you will still get more out of it selling it outright than you will trading it in. On the other hand, if time is an issue and you are in a hurry to get rid of it, then I understand. Just my 2

Quick Reply: Asking a favor of any Broken Arrow S2k owners!