Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

In memory of Travis, of Janet&Travis

Old 10-13-2010, 09:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default In memory of Travis, of Janet&Travis

https://www.s2ki.com/home/2010/10/13/year-1...-not-forgotten/

I never got the opportunity to meet this great man, but have had some great times with his wife, Janet, who continues to live on Travis' enjoyment for life and driving their beloved NFR S2000, with good friends!

Janet, I am posting this because "Trav" is getting the recognition he deserves!

In memory of Travis Honeycutt and other S2ki members we've lost over the 10 year Span of S2ki.
"Gone but not forgotten"

Old 10-17-2010, 09:37 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Andy for posting the link.

So much sadness when you read each of the stories "Gone but not forgotten".

There is a common thread that runs through each one of those stories. The passion the person had for life and the strong community friendships that were built because of this car.

Since Trav's death I have used our S2000 to help me try to move forward and deal with the gaping hole in my heart. I have driven thousands of miles, meeting other S2000 folks along the way, sometimes exchanging a few words with other enthusiast as I pass through their town. Or attending some of the events like BMT, MOM, WTD and recently DBR. I am basically a quiet, shy, (occasionally outspoken) person that has found that I can drop in on almost any "S" event and feel like I am part of the family.

Trav and I kind of stumbled on to the S2000.

We dropped our son off at college in August of 2006 and decided the following week we needed to celebrate. Trav showed me a cute little car at the Honda dealership and I surprised him a few days later by buying it. We knew we didn't want to waste time with the empty nest syndrome and Trav had just been diagnosed in May with advanced prostate cancer. We needed to get on with enjoying life. At that time we had no idea there was an S2000 community. We had no idea the great times we were about to have.

Trav and I both loved to drive the car and would argue over whose turn it was. When someone would ask whose car it was, we also argued about that. That is how we ended up with the license plate MY S2K. We both would say "It's my car!".

Here are a couple more pics I like, a couple of these have a good story behind them that make me smile, that I am sorry to say I can not share.

Missouri

Arkansas

These last two photos were taken on the Cherohala Skyway near the Tail of the Dragon, our last roadtrip we shared together.

Old 10-17-2010, 04:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for Sharing Jannet. Thanks for posting Andy.

I have certainly not forgotten Trav... I miss both of you. Hope to see you again sometime soon -
Old 10-17-2010, 07:00 PM

Well, Janet, you could share the story behind the picture of him messing with the brake calipers. I told the punk I was going to paint mine, so next time I see him, yours are bright red. I can still see the grin.
Old 10-18-2010, 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by Janet&Travis,Oct 17 2010, 11:37 AM
Thanks Andy for posting the link.

So much sadness when you read each of the stories "Gone but not forgotten".

There is a common thread that runs through each one of those stories. The passion the person had for life and the strong community friendships that were built because of this car.

Since Trav's death I have used our S2000 to help me try to move forward and deal with the gaping hole in my heart. I have driven thousands of miles, meeting other S2000 folks along the way, sometimes exchanging a few words with other enthusiast as I pass through their town. Or attending some of the events like BMT, MOM, WTD and recently DBR. I am basically a quiet, shy, (occasionally outspoken) person that has found that I can drop in on almost any "S" event and feel like I am part of the family.

Trav and I kind of stumbled on to the S2000.

We dropped our son off at college in August of 2006 and decided the following week we needed to celebrate. Trav showed me a cute little car at the Honda dealership and I surprised him a few days later by buying it. We knew we didn't want to waste time with the empty nest syndrome and Trav had just been diagnosed in May with advanced prostate cancer. We needed to get on with enjoying life. At that time we had no idea there was an S2000 community. We had no idea the great times we were about to have.

Trav and I both loved to drive the car and would argue over whose turn it was. When someone would ask whose car it was, we also argued about that. That is how we ended up with the license plate MY S2K. We both would say "It's my car!".

Your most welcome Janet

Thank you for sharing with us the journey of your and Travis' great experiences because of this car.

I read through most of the stories as well.
Dealing with death often in my field, I often find myself wondering what their lives were like. I enjoy reading and learning about their stories.

Makes me feel like I met someone. When they are car enthusiast such as Travis, I feel like I share a special bond through the same experiences.

Old 10-19-2010, 06:47 AM

Received 13 Likes on 8 Posts

I can only say that I was blessed to meet both of you. I smile every time you're around and I always enjoy being at an event that you're at.

I'm hoping to see you at BMT. You are going, right?
Old 10-19-2010, 08:13 AM
Community Organizer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We at Gateway had the opportunity to meet Travis (and Janet) on more than one occassion. He was always full of joy and happiness and seem to live each day to the fullest. He truely did have a passion for life.

It was my pleasure meeting both of you as you will alway have a place in my heart. You are missed!!!! Here are some additional memories to share