S2KI Honda S2000 Forums

S2KI Honda S2000 Forums (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/)
-   Oklahoma S2000 Owners (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/oklahoma-s2000-owners-138/)
-   -   Oklahoma Convoy to Spring BMT13 (https://www.s2ki.com/forums/oklahoma-s2000-owners-138/oklahoma-convoy-spring-bmt13-1006863/)

JulieU 02-21-2013 12:08 PM

Oklahoma Convoy to Spring BMT13

Link to the official Spring BMT13 thread in the Ark-La-Tex section.

For those who wish to caravan from the Tulsa area on Friday, April 5, let's meet at the Warehouse Market on Garnett just south of I-44 (click here for map) north end of the parking lot (opposite side of the grocery store) at 1:00 pm (leave by 1:30 pm).

Will fill in the exact meet/departure times later... open to suggestions on times and route to Harrison. :shrug: See post #5 for some options.

4/3/2013 UPDATE: :shout:

Originally Posted by JulieU (Post 22449907)
Looks like the majority has spoken so we'll meet up at Warehouse Market around 1pm and plan on leaving at 1:30! Please arrive with a full tank. The closest ethanol-free station from our meetup spot is about three miles away; it's a Phillips 66 on 31st just west of 129th. Actually, there's another one that's only two miles away but I've never filled up there before. :shrug: It's called Cardinal's Corner and is on the southwest corner of 11th and 145th... in case anyone wants to try them out (let me know if you do please). :LOL:

We'll take the long fun scenic route (Option A). This should put us in Eureka Springs around 5:30 pm at which time we can stop for an hour or so for dinner, and then be in Harrison well before dusk. We shouldn't have to worry too much about traffic as this route avoids Springdale altogether. :woot:

List of attendees caravanning from Tulsa:
JulieU (Julie, 2003 Silverstone)
engear2005 (Quinton, 2000 Silverstone)
Don Miguel+1 (Mike & Monica, 2006 Laguna Blue)
vbmarcus+1 (Marcus & Kylie, 2001 Silverstone)
demery (Dexter, 2008 Berlina Black)

Names above in bold are confirmed. Names not in bold are unconfirmed.

engear2005 03-01-2013 06:50 PM

Sounds good to me. LMK when. Text me please. IDk if I will see this or not lol

JulieU 03-02-2013 09:48 AM

FWIW, there was a lot of construction along Hwy 412 in Arkansas when I was out there last weekend for the pre-drive, so I'd prefer if we leave earlier and take an alternate twisty scenic route.

matrigger 03-09-2013 04:18 AM

Count me in.

JulieU 03-17-2013 06:58 PM

Goals: :LOL: reach our destination after check-in but before sunset (so between 3pm and 7:30-ish) and not get stuck in Friday rush hour traffic in Springdale :argh:

Option A - Long Fun Scenic Route
From Tulsa, this takes about five hours (that does not include time spent for lunch/dinner in Eureka Springs). If we leave by 10am, that would put us in Eureka Springs for a late lunch around 2pm. Allow an hour or so for lunch, and that would put us in Harrison around 4pm. :shrug: Or we could leave at 1pm, which would put us in Eureka Springs around 5pm, allow an hour or so for an early dinner, arrive in Harrison around 7pm.

Option B - Quick Straight Boring Route
Takes about three hours (that does not include time spent stopping to eat). Plenty of dining options along the way in Siloam Springs, Tontitown, and Springdale. We could leave as early as noon or as late as 3pm.

I also messed around with an Option C which was another long fun scenic route but it was six hours with very few dining options. However, I can post it if anyone is interested in seeing it. It's basically a more southern route through Tahlequah, Westville, and possibly Pig Trail.

JulieU 03-18-2013 07:33 PM

matrigger can't leave OKC until 10am at the earliest. That would put him in Tulsa around noon. Do we want to wait for him and take Option B?

demery 03-19-2013 06:00 AM

I would like to be a part of the caravan, it depends on what time everyone is leaving. I live in Muskogee, so I can possibly meet at a particular location near me along your route.

JulieU 03-19-2013 06:08 AM

Added you to the list, sir! :woot: Maybe you can fall in as we pass Hwy 69 on Hwy 412, or we can meet you at that gas station (Love's?). Weather forecast is looking crappy. :coat: Might be best to take Option B at this point.

demery 03-19-2013 08:27 AM

Sounds like a plan, I know exactly where that gas station is. I am debating on if I am going to have to take Friday off all together or leave early. Hmmmmm, it depends on when the departime time is.

J Schmidt 03-19-2013 12:39 PM

Hey JulieU. I am not going to caravan. I'll see/meet you all in AR!