Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

plastic window on my convertable

Old 11-18-2005, 12:49 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default plastic window on my convertable

where should I look to find a new plastic window..theirs so many websites. i might just have to keep looking around. but was wondering if anyone knew where a cheap one might be with good quality.

Justin
Old 11-18-2005, 06:10 AM

Hey you know what last night David took his softop off his car. It wasn't that bad. Its was David, Cliff, and me. took about 4 hours. I throught it would of been hard guess not if you have 3 people. David took some pics. His car is total strip. So if you need someone to install your new soft top or take it off call one of us.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:39 AM

I hope to have the new soft top ordered by Dec. 14th. But since its so late and its winter I might just keep saving and see how much money I come up with when march comes around or when it gets warm. I might just buy a hardtop or someone on here might just be selling their glass softtop.
Old 11-18-2005, 10:45 AM

hardtop all the way
Old 11-18-2005, 11:27 AM

i agree hardtop all the way,i called independence honda in the kc mo aera.they told me $3500 large ones plus install kit ,not including labor.im hoping to get one for my berlina black one next year w/tinted windows.
Old 11-18-2005, 02:11 PM

I say hardtop, keep it covered
Old 11-18-2005, 03:15 PM

Ok... I guess it is my turn to chime in....

****DISCLAIMER COMMENTS ARE IMO ONLY ****

First of all, if you want to replace your plastic rag top with one that has a glass window... be aware that it is not a 1 for 1 trade. You have to modify your rag top with some bungee thingie or something.... this is why I have not done this mod yet...

A hard top is cool I guess... but I bought this car because it was a convertible... If I wanted a sardean can I would have bought one... (no offense Rob). I think the hard top would be perfect if you lived in the north where there is only 1-3 months of nice weather... but we have the luxury to enjoy warm weather for 75% of the year... trust me... coming from the north... that is a luxury. I guess if i wanted the best of both worlds I would either buy a hard top and use the ragtop in the summer... or buy a SLK or something.

Rob switches between his hard top and his rag top. I think that is cool to give the car different looks at different times.

I have thought about adding the cantop as a mod... but decided there are too many other things I would rather spend my money on.

Then again... MY01 is not a daily driver... and it has only been rained on once... so I guess my opinion is biassed.

If you do decide to get the glass rear window ragtop... I would really be curious to see how to mod it so that the top retracts properly.

BTW... how the hell did you tear your window anyway or did you tear your rag top?
Old 11-18-2005, 04:46 PM

While I am on a role... One other reason I am probably biased is cuz I am taller... (like Justin). With the top up... a 6'2" person is not exactly feeling crowded in the car... but it is not spacious either.

Rob and the DZA... not dissin' the tuna can (JK)... I just thought I would offer a rag top perspective.

When are we all going to get together again btw... Prob when I finish the damn video... Its almost done... keep all of you guys posted.
Old 11-18-2005, 09:18 PM

lol it was kinda cold outside and i lowered the top down, and since the owner before me i guess "stretched" the plastic a little in the middle it didn't crease right. So i have to retract it some..get out..crease the plastic the way its suppose to and then lower the top the rest...well when I went to push the plastic down when it bent straight it cracked like a 1/4 moon shape. Oh well. I know about the mods u have to do for the 02 glass..and that stuff comes with the top when I order it. its going to cost me 772 dollars for the soft top shipped..which is pretty damn good even though i'd rather have other things like 04 taillights, switched out lenses in my headlights and sidemarkers, a grill, rims, and an exhaust. But I really look forward to getting the glass in the back and I love having a convertible and like u marcus it is one of the reasons I bought the car. Now i can finally tint my windows all around

BTW i think i'm going to have a professional do my soft top unless i'm just really that confident with myself and a couple other people..plus..I can use that DIY that you gave us the link to marcus! thanx. I will get a hardtop someday for performance reasons like a turbo....
Old 11-18-2005, 10:11 PM

I just got offered a soft top for 650 plus shipping..such nice people. Hopefully shipping isn't bad and I'll get it in less than 2 weeks.

Quick Reply: plastic window on my convertable