Oklahoma S2000 Owners Oklahoma S2000 Community

RX-What?

Old 01-04-2006, 08:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RX-What?

Just drove home from okc tonight from a bball game. GO HORNETS. they beat the heat from miami. shaq didnt play very much but it was still f-ing amazing to see him in person. any way i was driving home and i was kinda bored just cruising at 88. when i start pulling up to an RX-8 in the right lane and i was like ehhhh o well. and so i started to pass it a little then all of a sudden it just takes off like nothing so me being me and being in MY S decided to have a little fun. long story short i think it was an auto and we had a little fun i went from 6th to 3rd at like 80(i think) which put me right at about 7+-. after that we kept playing around and i kept on pulling it only by a few car lengths. then i decided to stop the game and go one step further and we got to about 130 and i started pulling 2 or so buses on that biatch. i think i need new brake pads/rotors cause when i was slowing down from 90 barely tapping the brakes the wheels started to tremble. o well. that was my high speed highway run from 75 to 130. lots of fun!!!! o yea TULSA/OKLAHOMA ROADS SUCK A$$. Getting onto the 44 there is a HUGE pile of gravel that is cemented to the road, yes cemented to the road and it feels like a speed bump going over it. i thought it was going to lose it cause its through a turn too. great night. wu01ok WHAT DID YOU DO TONIGHT??????fill me in.....
Old 01-04-2006, 09:03 PM

oh man, i really like those RX-8's too...nothin like the RX-7 but i'm sure they have some potential being a rotary engine and all. That is a nice kill. Its always a thrill, i'm not too fond of okc but everytime i'm there, their is at least 20 thousand cops on the highway..thats during the day time, not sure about night. That race was meant to be! i envy you on going to the basketball game, i haven't been to an nba game ever, but college is still find. Looks like it was a nice time for you! good kill.
Old 01-06-2006, 09:41 AM

so i'm going to buy a mazda =)

then we can make a thread called "rx what"

it'll be faster than my old s2000 and i put down close to 400 to the wheels
Old 01-06-2006, 10:54 AM

come on now, thats not fair!
Old 01-06-2006, 10:05 PM

tonight I was saying SRT what? SRT what? is that a..srt..fou...what? where did he go..oh no why is he back their! srt what? its ok with one mod he could come back and beat me..but..for this moment, srt what? sorry it was my first race with one
Old 01-07-2006, 01:13 AM

I have 2 guys at work one w/ an SRT4, one w/ a 1.8T VW...
Both always talk chit on the S behind my back.
Me w/ just AEM at the track 14.1
SRT4 w/ intercooler sprayer, K&N intake, shifter, boost controller 14.8 w/ his woman driving to get the best time. hehe
VW~ Chip, intake, exhaust... who knows... 14.8
Neither have said to me, wont hardly talk to me just word of mouth from others, but still
When do you want to race???

Good kills guys.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:19 AM

Thats crazy, I thought srt-4's ran pretty close to us but I guess not.. And with a boost controller I thought it would be over for us...so I heard. Thats just crazy 14.8, that has to be driver. My friends srt-4 had less mods than that and he whooped my ass with my eclipse and that ran a 15.0. I duno.. and the VW i can believe that. those aren't that fast, and I race one of those with my eclipse. He was ok, he had intake and exhaust. But my S would destroy my eclipse. I'm always up for a race!

well see what the streets have in store for tonight.
Old 01-07-2006, 10:35 AM

I've seen stock SRT-4s run high 13's plenty of times.

It's all about the driver and weather conditions. You thought your S was slow on a hot day? Turbo cars are even WORSE!

One day an Bredenton Motorsports Park we had a Subaru vs. SRT-4 track day.....track temp was 131 degrees! My best run in my STi was a 13.9 @ 99. My time was up and my mph down (also had a failing clutch).

Best time was at TRP - 13.48 @ 101.84 with a so-so launch. Only mod I had was a turbo-back exhaust. A guy in Tampa ran a 13.1 @ 101.xx in his BONE STOCK STi...
Old 01-07-2006, 11:16 AM

131 degrees, thats just crazy. I couldn't even come outside long enough to breathe. I believe it is the driver. And I believe some S2000's stock can reach high 13's too. thats why i thought the srt-4 would run close to us. I believe that it was the driver. we have to many youngins around here running around with srt-4's because their cheap and fast, and yet they still have not learned to drive them. And I do believe that STi, man i raced one and we were even at first and then he just started inching in front of me. We both had a passenger but I"m not sure what else he had except the exhaust modification. really nice cars.
Old 01-07-2006, 03:21 PM

SRT~4's generally run about 14.4 stock around here...
Just the car and the driver...
I have seen them run high 13's, but S' can do the same...
SRT~4 ~vs~ S2000 is pretty even.

Quick Reply: RX-What?