Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

BMW goes bye bye...

Old 01-12-2009, 09:42 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default BMW goes bye bye...

Hey guys,

A sad day this saturday. The issues that I have been having with the 135i came back this last week. I called BMW and they are purchasing the car back from me. I took it into Carrera BMW this saturday and turned over the keys.

I loved this car when it ran fine and my car is a lemon for sure. I know quite a few other people that have the 135i and no one else has had these issues.

Now I have to find a new car. Not sure what I want at this point. I think we are going to get an FX35 for my wife. Not sure what I want right now. The new Sti interests me especially with the deals that can be had on them right now. I have also always loved the Spec-B as most of you know.

Next week I will have this all figured out hopefully.

Brandon

BTW- On Thursday we found out that we are having a little baby girl. Brooke Renee Overman Our due date is June 5th.

Also we had some very bad news on that same Thursday night. Our beloved dog Sasha was hit by a car and passed away. Our dogs are like our children so this is very hard for us right now. She brought so much love and happiness to our family. She will be missed.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:51 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

that's quite the weekend!

Sorry to hear about Sasha

Congrats on the girl

and this is the time to buy a car so I'm sure you'll find a good deal.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:54 AM

Very sorry to hear about your pup Brandon. My dogs are like kids to my wife and I as well. Just the thought of it makes me very sad.

On the other hand, congrats on finding out its going to be a baby girl! Good to see you and your wife have already decided on a name, where as my brother/sister inlaw's baby is due this Feb. and they still can't agree on a name yet.

Also, good luck on your new purchases, keep us posted on what you decide. Always fun to see someone you know get a new car when I'm not in the market myself.. or will be anytime soon.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:56 AM

Hi Brandon,

We are very sorry to hear about the loss of Sasha! I know it is like losing a family member.

But we are excited about Brooke! Be sure to post pictures when she arrives!

Larry
Old 01-12-2009, 10:35 AM

Yes, very excited about Brooke! I'm sure she'll be so cute!

I know what its like to lose a pet. Very sorry to hear that.

Good luck with the car purchase! STi, very nice indeed!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:54 AM

Thank you for all the kind words

Here is a picture of my baby girl. Isn't she cute

More pictures of both Brooke and the new ride will be up as soon as I have them.

Brandon
Old 01-12-2009, 11:08 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Wow, it's so hard to figure out what to say first.

My condolences for Sasha. That's always a hard thing to deal with. I know you and Holly loved all your manimals a lot.

A big congratulations on Brooke joining the family however! The ultrasound picture almost reminds me of the "driving baby" ultrasound .gif that is out there.

Also a bummer about the bimmer. It was a hell of a ride. Thanks again for letting me experience it before it went to crap. Tons of fun though. I have a feeling you're shying away from german cars now? Otherwise I would suggest an Audi S4 or the S-line you were eyeing before choosing the "bummer".
Old 01-12-2009, 11:15 AM

Originally Posted by Sabre' date='Jan 12 2009, 01:08 PM
Wow, it's so hard to figure out what to say first.

My condolences for Sasha. That's always a hard thing to deal with. I know you and Holly loved all your manimals a lot.

A big congratulations on Brooke joining the family however! The ultrasound picture almost reminds me of the "driving baby" ultrasound .gif that is out there.

Also a bummer about the bimmer. It was a hell of a ride. Thanks again for letting me experience it before it went to crap. Tons of fun though. I have a feeling you're shying away from german cars now? Otherwise I would suggest an Audi S4 or the S-line you were eyeing before choosing the "bummer".
Thank you Aaron

I am shying away from German a little but have considered the Audi's. I have also considered a Mini Cooper Clubman as that is Holly's dream car besides the Lexus IS350 which is also on our list. It will pretty much come down to test drives and what we can get a great deal on since there are so many good deals out there right now.

How did you know we called out animals "maminals"?

And now that you say that, it does look like that driving baby gif Good call
Old 01-12-2009, 11:19 AM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Bz2005s2k' date='Jan 12 2009, 12:15 PM

How did you know we called out animals "maminals"?
Lucky guess
Old 01-12-2009, 12:27 PM

Congrats on Brooke's arrival date now final!

Sorry to hear about Sasha, I know how your family feels, we are still missing our Beagle, Whiskey, after 2 years.

Quick Reply: BMW goes bye bye...