Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Looking to move to the area

Old 04-05-2005, 01:16 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The grass is always greener on the other side... We are the other side becuase it rains alot!

You will be able to have your top down just as much as you can in NY where you are. Just subtract the time that you have snow and change it to rain and you have Oregon.
Old 04-05-2005, 01:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by PrimoAP1,Apr 5 2005, 01:16 PM
The grass is always greener on the other side... We are the other side becuase it rains alot!

You will be able to have your top down just as much as you can in NY where you are. Just subtract the time that you have snow and change it to rain and you have Oregon.
Thats basically true

I think cbender will chime in here, he moved to portland from the east coast (cant remember where though) about a year ago. I remember a thread just like this when he was house shopping. Im sure he did a lot of shopping around and can be a big help for you...
Old 04-05-2005, 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by PrimoAP1,Apr 5 2005, 01:16 PM

I'm not sure about the grass being greener. Mine is pretty much brown all year long. Damn those dogs keep pissing on my lawn.
Old 04-05-2005, 05:35 PM

Old 04-06-2005, 04:40 AM

Originally Posted by PrimoAP1,Apr 5 2005, 04:16 PM

After living in Upstate NY for 15 yrs, I am really tired of snow. I will take rain over it.
Thanks for all the comments. I hope the member who moved from the East Coast
will chime in with his experience. I am looking at the July-August timeframe for
the move ... depending on everything else.
Old 04-06-2005, 08:56 AM

I bumped his thread up here, its like 4 below this one if you didn't see it... Probly some good info for you in there...
Old 04-07-2005, 10:23 AM

My wife and I moved here two years ago, and while everyone has different reasons for liking/disliking a place, for what it's worth, I've lived a bunch of places and spent time in a bunch more, and Oregon is the only place where I've felt lucky simply to be here. The rain? You get used to it, and it's really just a drizzle much of the time. The pace of life? Well, Greg may miss Orange Country (a point of difference between me and our Fearless Community Organizer: I hate the place), but I find the kindness, graciousness, and lack of edge to Portland refreshing after some of the places I've lived. My only complaint is that too few of the S2K owners ever go to the track....
Old 04-07-2005, 11:18 AM

Originally Posted by cbender,Apr 7 2005, 10:23 AM
The pace of life? Well, Greg may miss Orange Country (a point of difference between me and our Fearless Community Organizer: I hate the place), but I find the kindness, graciousness, and lack of edge to Portland refreshing after some of the places I've lived. My only complaint is that too few of the S2K owners ever go to the track....
I'm still fairly young and dumb and partying with beach blonde babes is still my choice of life over serenity and slow paced living... I'm sure I'll grow out of it one day.

That's what it really comes down to, if you are looking for a relaxing metro area smack dab in the middle of the forest where everyone knows everyone then Portland is a safe bet. I personally miss the smog, girls, and the surf... but it's not for everyone.
Old 04-07-2005, 01:36 PM

Dont lie, you miss the surfer guys
Old 04-07-2005, 02:01 PM

Originally Posted by spapdx,Apr 7 2005, 01:36 PM
Dont lie, you miss the surfer guys
True.... I miss the gang of surfers and surfing with them.

Quick Reply: Looking to move to the area