Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

OEM Hardware

Old 07-27-2009, 03:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default OEM Hardware

So I was wondering if anyone has the oem rear catchers and rear latching hardware for sale? I wanted to see if it will fit my mugen replica hardtop...since that will make it easier for me to put on my hardtop so i won't have to sell it

I looked at the pictures and it looks like the screw holes are the same from what i have now on my mugen replica.

So if anyone who has a mugen replica hardtop, please let me know if you are using the oem hardware or the brackets that came with the hardtop! thanks

(I know i should have asked this in the wtb forum section, but i didn't want to take up space there since i am asking everyone what their using...)
Old 07-27-2009, 09:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I think the only way you're going to find that hardware is new from someone like Hardtop Guy dot com or from someone who damaged their OEM top. A damaged top is not likely.

Top part:
http://hardtopguy.com/store/product.php?pr...4&cat=92&page=1

Bottom part:
http://hardtopguy.com/store/product.php?pr...1&cat=92&page=1

Bottom part with replacement plastic molding / brush stuff:
http://hardtopguy.com/store/product.php?pr...4&cat=92&page=1

Much scrilla. You're looking at about $600 for new.
Old 07-27-2009, 09:50 PM

there was one in the main for sale thread not too long ago for $400-$450 if you can dig that up and its not sold. and yes it will fit
Old 07-27-2009, 11:23 PM

do i really need the new brushing type stuff or can my stock one's work with the catchers and latching devices?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:00 AM

I remember thinking "why am I replacing this?" when installing mine, but after inspection it seems like the new ones are molded to fit around the lower piece. If this is the case I don't know if the originals can be modified or left out as an alternative.

Anyone have more info / pictures?
Old 07-28-2009, 06:22 AM

When I installed my top, I had the same thought on those brush trims. But I decided to swap it out anyway. From what I remember, the actual plastic piece is almost identical, except the brush part being shorter. It does look better cosmetically I think.
Old 07-28-2009, 06:41 AM

You can't use your existing brushing. I think its because the way its molded it will cover the holes on the rear catchers but I can't remember for sure. When I bought my top it didn't come with the brushing. While it was on order I ran with no side panels.
Old 07-28-2009, 08:43 AM

Well it looks like I better start saving up to make my life easier lol I just don't like the fact that I gotta take everything apart to take off or put on my hardtop. The hardware that came with it fits but it takes too much time to install.
Old 07-28-2009, 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by gpw_s2k88,Jul 28 2009, 09:43 AM
Well it looks like I better start saving up to make my life easier lol I just don't like the fact that I gotta take everything apart to take off or put on my hardtop. The hardware that came with it fits but it takes too much time to install.
Being able to remove the hardtop is very important, I think. Though I think a few Oregon members might disagree

Hollar if you would like assistance installing any of that. A few of us have gone through the motions more than once.
Old 07-28-2009, 03:11 PM

Well its probably going to take me a few months to save up that 500 to 1000 for the hardware kit, not unless I find some for sale. That guy sold his set already for like 400 I think... so sad! Right when I think of it, they get sold the day before!

Quick Reply: OEM Hardware