Oregon S2000 Owners The Club forum for S2000 Owners in Oregon and SW Washington.

Oregon Byways magazine

Old 08-11-2008, 08:22 PM
Community Organizer

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Oregon Byways magazine

here's a fun one for everybody:

Ubetit just posted a link for a free National Geographic "Scenic Byways" book from byways.org in S2000 Talk. I saw that Garret was in there and ordered one. I just did as well.

It's uncanny timing because just a few days ago Teresa showed me a magazine that talked about all kinds of scenic roads specific to Oregon with a page for each route talking about distance, road specifics, services and rest areas along the way and a long article for each section discussing the trip as you go with all the various sights to see and things to do.

The documents from the ODOT website are passworded PDF so I can't break it down to JPG very easily. Good thing I know ways around it.

The Oregon magazine is also free (like the NG one) and you can either request a printed version, OR the PDFs can be downloaded one section at a time from
http://www.oregon.gov/ODOT/HWY/SCENICBYWAY...ing_guide.shtml

Old 08-11-2008, 09:47 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks Aaron.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:38 AM

The photos look great I ordered one today. Thanks
Old 08-12-2008, 09:20 PM
G

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have that mag. Someone from work gave it to me. There are some really nice drives in there.
Old 08-23-2008, 07:35 PM

We just ordered one, thanks Aaron!
Old 08-29-2008, 08:04 AM

Thanks for the tip, Aaron. I sent in my email request for the guide on Tuesday. Incredibly, it arrived in the mail on Thursday morning! It's a full-size glossy booklet. There are some beautiful photos and great route descriptions. It made me want to jump in the S and start driving.

Does anyone happen to know if there is an equivalent driving guide for Washington? (I'm thinking about the route up to Grand Coulee Dam.)
Old 08-29-2008, 02:24 PM
G

Originally Posted by jimbur,Aug 29 2008, 09:04 AM
Thanks for the tip, Aaron. I sent in my email request for the guide on Tuesday. Incredibly, it arrived in the mail on Thursday morning! It's a full-size glossy booklet. There are some beautiful photos and great route descriptions. It made me want to jump in the S and start driving.

Does anyone happen to know if there is an equivalent driving guide for Washington? (I'm thinking about the route up to Grand Coulee Dam.)
We need to look for one. Several of us have discussed planning a trip to Grand Coulee.
Old 08-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Community Organizer

It might be worth looking into the byways.org book. It isnt Washington specific, but probably has a few roads.
Old 08-30-2008, 10:36 AM

I did a bit of searching for State of Washington driving tour books. There are lots of specific driving guides, but there doesn't seem to be one general book for the whole state. (No surprise, I guess - it would be too big!) Here's a link to the driving tour up to Grand Coulee Dam: Coulee Corridor. (Check out "List Locations" and "Map Locations.")
Old 09-30-2008, 04:56 PM
Community Organizer

Bumping this because I just got the Byways.org guidebook.
463 pages of awesome!

We must be doing something right, because a majority of the roads listed for Oregon, we've already done

Quick Reply: Oregon Byways magazine